recieving defaults after br

5 posts Page 1 of 1

sjw

Post by sjw » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:24 pm
hi, wondered if anyone could help, i received a demand for money and default notice today it said they are aware of the br but have issued a default and want immediate payment.surely all debt are covered in br so whats the point of them sending me defaults when they know i am br.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:28 pm
They're trying it on - Tesco did this with me and insisted that they don't recognise BR and I would have to pay them! They aren't allowed to default you after the date of your BR and when / if you clean up your credit reference files after you are discharged they will have to amend the default date and mark your account as satisfied or partially satisfied.

sjw

Post by sjw » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:34 pm
thats what theye said that it was against the conditions of the contract and that the br does not count in effect. x

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:40 pm
Do they not realise that bankruptcy means you have no money? There is no way they can make you pay when you've got nowt!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

insolvencynewbie

Post by insolvencynewbie » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:46 pm
Hi, the default notice is Tesco trying it on to see if they can get anywhere. You are corect if this debt was included in the bankruptcy they are not allowed to pursue you. If they contact you further just quote your court refernce or deflect them towards the Official Receiver or your trustee in bankruptcy. What ever you do do not pay them as this can result in problems from your trustee.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for april”