Reclaiming PBA

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1

mole

Post by mole » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:11 pm
I completed by IVA earlier this year. Although PPI was resolved during the term, around the time of the last payment my IP said they must explore if they can realise any funds through the mis-selling of a packaged bank account. I agreed to this and the claims company appointed interviewed me, sent me paperwork, etc.

Anyway, got a letter through from my bank saying claim upheld and payment of £1,700 would be paid to my IP company. Fair enough.

Day after got a letter from the IP company saying they had rejected the offer as although it covered the monthly PBA fees + interest, they now want to reclaim any other fees that had every been applied to the account (i.e. interest, late payment charges, returned direct debits, etc).

This was never explained to me and what has these got to do with a PBA, the reclaim was made against the monthly payments for the benefits that were not appropriate.

Upshot, is they are now pushing a mis-selling case that is questionable and things get extended for me for another 6 months.

Disappointing.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:17 pm
If you have received your completion certificate surely this does not affect you at all. The IVA is over, your name off the insolvency register and your credit clear or nearly clear. How can there be an extension of six months when the IVA is already over?
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

mole

Post by mole » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:14 pm
Sorry Michael, I didn't mean an extension of the IVA itself, just the ongoing obligation and claim pursuit.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:25 pm
Not so bad mole. None of this should affect your credit file or be of any real concern to you so personally I would just sign whatever they want and let them get on with it.
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

abbiesmum2003

Post by abbiesmum2003 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:59 pm
sorry for butting in but if it extends obligation what if mole gets a windfall through other means (ie inheritance) during this time?? will that be taken through 'obligation' or not because CC already received?
And will this become the next thing? Bank fees/charges etc?? We had LOTS of charges added to every account shen things were bad!! Will take forever trawling through it all if thats the route theyre going down after ppi!

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:13 pm
Any windfalls etc would be safe so nothing to be concerned about. Mole probably does not even have to comply with his IP as there is likely nothing the IP can do if he does not but most people do try and work it through.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”