Removing Defaults

11 posts Page 1 of 1

Virtual-Unknown

Post by Virtual-Unknown » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:19 pm
Hi guys,

My credit report is nice and clean since I finished my IVA apart from one default and the IVA itself.

The default will reach 6 years on the 19th of March, who do I need to chase to make sure it gets removed, is it the people who put it on there or the credit reference agencies themselves?

In regards to getting my IVA removed, that should happen on March 31st, is there anything I can do in advance to get it removed on that day or as soon afterwards?

Thanks in advance

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:37 pm
Both of those entries should drop off shortly after their due dates without any intervention from you.

You are 99% of the way there, but there is useful info here:

http://pjgrecovery.com/clean-up-credit-rating.asp
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Virtual-Unknown

Post by Virtual-Unknown » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:01 pm
Thanks for the reply, normally I would leave them just to drop off but I'm wanting to get a mortgage so the sooner they are gone, the sooner I can get applying for one.

tinks81

Post by tinks81 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:06 pm
Do credit agencies update just once a month? And if so, can you ask them to do it "mid month" after the 6 year anniversary?

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:48 am
They tend to update monthly .... You will need to check all the different credit agencies as they may all show different things ...experian, equifax and call credit are the ones Ryan suggests are checked and fully cleared before applying for mortgages.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

tinks81

Post by tinks81 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 8:48 am
I have checked the 3 main ones -they all have different info on them, even different dates for the same company!!!!I have sent queries off for all the ones that are wrong and had reponses for some & not others. What I asked was when my 6 years is up next week, if the incorrect dates haven't fallen off because they missed the monthly update, can I ask the credit ref agencies to do an update for me to get them off before the next month's update.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:11 am
You can ask, but I strongly doubt that they will oblige. In this computerised age, manual intervention is not always possible, even if the person responsible wanted to help.

I sometimes wonder whether we run the computers or they run us !!
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.

Virtual-Unknown

Post by Virtual-Unknown » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:43 pm
Hi Foggy,
Thanks for your input as always, your information on this forum has been invaluable for me clearing up my credit report after my IVA and if I ever bump into you one day, i'll make sure I buy you a pint.

So with my default coming up to its 6 year anniversary on the 19th, how long after would it normally come off and how long should I leave it before I chase it?

I suppose the same applies to the actual IVA as well, however that for some reason only appears on two of the three credit reports, Experian have no record of it strangely enough.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:58 pm
Hi Virtual Unknown,

You are most welcome. Maybe we will run into each other at a forum meal somewhere -- I have yet to attend one, but must do so one day :-)

I believe the CRA's update monthly --- which day of the month is anybody's guess !

We had a post or two from one of the CRA's a little while back, but they never became a regular, which is a pity as they would have been a great help.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:45 am
Equifax update normally around 8th of the month ... I recently had the same issue and the credit agencies will alert the companies to the issues of incorrect dates raised but can't change them themselves.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Virtual-Unknown

Post by Virtual-Unknown » Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:15 am
Is there any other way of getting in touch with Equifax other than opening a dispute on their website?
I emailed Experian and my default was removed on the day where as it remains on my Equifax report and 9 days after opening a dispute via their website, no action and no reply, it's so frustrating!
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “template letter suggested by inaiva”