Renting a room from a friend

2 posts Page 1 of 1

Orsm

Post by Orsm » Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:44 pm
Hi guys first time poster so take it easy on me please :)

I would find it very helpful if someone could answer a few of these questions please.

I am doing an IVA with Playplan and have just made my 3rd payment so just started, at the minute I am paying just over £200 a month towards my IVA, the place I am living at the minute is a big house where I rent a room, I pay £500 a month inc all my bills, my friend has offered a room in his house for the same price £500 inc bills but he has looked into this rent a room scheme where the owner of the property can rent out a room (providing the mortgage company agrees) of a tax free income of £4250 a year thats just over £350 a month, If I was to pay him the £350 as "rent" straight into his account this would be accepted as it is below the tax bracket and would not have to contact the tax man, but he wants £500, so could I add on the extra £150 on my other expenses such as water, elec, gas, council tax and pay him in cash at the start of every month so that it makes the £500 he wants, would payplan need to see receipts and bills to prove the cost of the bills ? at the minute payplan accepted the cost of my rent inc bills as I had proof by showing them the Money coming out of my account each month.

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:13 pm
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “renting”