renting brothers house

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

alph29

Post by alph29 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:49 pm
I am having problems with a damp house which is affecting my daughters health. My brother has offered for us to move into his house as he works away alot. I would be renting his house and he will add me to his coucil tax bill along with him as he is going to stay at his home between jobs, he is not home much, odd days in the year. I will be paying half the council tax. As i have an IVA my brother wants to keep all the household bills in his name. I would be paying a one payment a month to him which will include rent, council tax, water rates and gas and electric. I am not sure how this will affect my IVA, and how can i prove i am paying all these bills if they are in my brothers name when my annual review is due. Also will my IVA affect his credit score living at his address, as his credit score is excellent. Thanks for any advice.

Broke of London

Post by Broke of London » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:54 pm
Hi! I pay an all-in-one rent with bills included and it has never been a problem. I imagine you'll just need a letter from your brother stating how much you pay monthly and you could also send the council tax I to showing you live there. What will you be doing with your house and associated costs? x

ginger3232

Post by ginger3232 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:55 pm
It sound easier to add all the bills shares that need to be paid + rent to one amount - this is what you pay your brother each month on the rent book - but it covers everything.

alph29

Post by alph29 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:58 pm
Thanks so much all help appreciated. I am just in a rented house , with no other bills, just household expenses.

Broke of London

Post by Broke of London » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:02 pm
Makes it easier that you don't have any financial ties to the old house. Just let your IP know what you'll be paying and how it affects your I&E. They'll let you know what you need to supply. I would think a letter from your brother will suffice. x
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”