renting

10 posts Page 1 of 1

allyw

Post by allyw » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:49 pm
hi guys
ok if your private renting and on an IVA,what happens when your let agreement runs out and you need to find another property, is this going to be a problem with letting agents because of the IVA, would i be stuck for some where to live.

many thanks .

angelrainbow

Post by angelrainbow » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:52 pm
Well, I would say you already have one thing going for you as you can have a reference from your previous landlord. You can also show the breakdown on your I&E which proves how much you have allocated for rent.

I am renting and I had to find 6 months in advance for the first 6 months. They were well aware that I had been repossessed and did all they could to expedite proceedings.

I think as long as you are honest and upfront you should be fine.
Completion Certificate received September 2012.

aguise

Post by aguise » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:10 pm
I agree with angelrainbow, you already can get a good ref from your present landlord. As said some do require 6 months upfront. The best thing to do is to be upfront and have a ref.
Private landlords may be more accomodating and not worry about credit checking, but dont ule out the letting agency,s.

Ang
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

freelili

Post by freelili » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:51 pm
On the news in my area the other day there are 100's of empty properties, its a renters dream world. Landlords are desperate for tenants, in the current climate they are losing money. I cant remember if they said you can get a better deal with a private let or angeny let. Anyway, the upshot was that its never been easier to rent, whatever the circumstances. I also dont know its its nationwide or just my tiny little bit of England.
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.

jane.l

Post by jane.l » Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:41 pm
The housing estate we have just left has LOADS of empty houses, all with To Let signs outside, I looked on the internet and the prices have been reduced and still there is no-body wanting to rent them

johnh

Post by johnh » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:58 pm
We really are living in crazy times. I would have thought that, as nobody is buying property, more people would be renting. From your posts this doesn't seem to be the case. So where are all the students, newly weds, young people leaving home etc etc living? Have the sales of tents rocketed?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:05 pm
A lot of larger houses for rent are still out of reach of a lot of people as the rents are too expensive.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

johnh

Post by johnh » Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:29 pm
I'm sure you're right, Kallis3, but whereas with buying property the main problem now is accessing a mortgage, as far as renting is concerned if the landlord can't rent at the given price he should drop the price until he can rent it - no different than the supermarket wanting to shift a bag of spuds. But that doesn't seem to be happening and I don't know why. Still, what do I know - I have an economics degree but it didn't prevent me from getting into my present financial pickle!!!

David Mond

Post by David Mond » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:36 am
Landlords need to rent. Provided you can show that you can afford the rent you should have no problem. Your Supervisor can and will give you a reference if necessary. Good luck.
Regards, David Mond, Insolvency Practitioner for over 46 years. Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year 2012, Personal Insolvency Practitioner of the year finalist 2013 & 2014 awarded by Insolvency & Rescue Magazine and 2015 finalist for Personal Insolvency Firm of the Year.

allyw

Post by allyw » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:30 am
hi guys
thank you for the replies, puts my mind at ease a little, not looking to move at the momment but just incase my landlord says he is selling up or something needed to know where i stand.

again thank you.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “renting”