sale of property

Helping to resolve consumer disputes
12 posts Page 1 of 1

dennis

Post by dennis » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:42 pm
I am going through divorce and my iva has done 5 years +almost 1 extra I am hoping that the court say 's property to be sold and split 50/50 I know that the iva will ask for the full amount ..what happens if i cannot sell property straight away will I not get completion till it's sold as this could be months before it sells baring in mind I will have already done 6 years in december .

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:49 pm
Why have you done an extra year ?
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

dennis

Post by dennis » Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:57 pm
[quote="Foggy"]Why have you done an extra year
I informed the ip I was getting divorced and that I could not remortgage the property

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:30 pm
dennis wrote:
Foggy wrote:
Why have you done an extra year
I informed the ip I was getting divorced and that I could not remortgage the property

OK -- so the extra year was the extension in lieu of equity it seems. In which case the property has been dealt with and should be of no further interest to your IP. Your IVA should complete in December and, hopefully you will get your completion certificate soon afterwards .... then you can sell the house at your leisure and it is no concern of your IP.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.

dennis

Post by dennis » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:41 pm
Foggy wrote:
dennis wrote:
Foggy wrote:
Why have you done an extra year

OK -- so the extra year was the extension in lieu of equity it seems. In which case the property has been dealt with and should be of no further interest to your IP. Your IVA should complete in December and, hopefully you will get your completion certificate soon afterwards .... then you can sell the house at your leisure and it is no concern of your IP.
the only problem is that for the last 8 month I have not paid any monies to the iva as I was suppose to have an insurance policy that was included in the iva agreement for unemployment sickness I have been of ill health since April and it was only when I went to activate my policy I was told that my new iva company don't do it but not had any change of agreement to state that the policy had been removed when they took over from cleardebt.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:57 pm
Have you discussed this with Aperture ? Are they expecting a lump sum for you to catch up or are they going to extend the IVA to cover the missing 9 months -- in which case it will not end until next September ??

dennis

Post by dennis » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:08 pm
Foggy wrote:
Have you discussed this with Aperture ? Are they expecting a lump sum for you to catch up or are they going to extend the IVA to cover the missing 9 months -- in which case it will not end until next September ??
he I have discussed with iva company they are doing a variation to remove the property ..but my concern is that if that is not accepted I don't see why I should have 9 months of missing payment
as this should be covered by the insurance policy .

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:20 pm
dennis wrote:
Foggy wrote:
he I have discussed with iva company they are doing a variation to remove the property ..but my concern is that if that is not accepted I don't see why I should have 9 months of missing payment
Have you spoken to cleardebt about it ?

dennis

Post by dennis » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:25 pm
Foggy wrote:
dennis wrote:
Foggy wrote:
Have you spoken to cleardebt about it ?
clear debt are no more when you call the number on there website it calls aperture

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:34 pm
They are still operating as far as I am aware -- just offloaded the IVA side of things. Try their online contact form and address it to David Mond.

His email used to be david.mond "at" cleardebt "dot " co "dot" uk

dennis

Post by dennis » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:28 pm
Foggy wrote:
They are still operating as far as I am aware -- just offloaded the IVA side of things. Try their online contact form and address it to David Mond.

Thanks for that Foggy i have emailed David Mond and had a reply from him saying he will look into it for me i wil let you know the outcome when i hear back once again thanks for your advice . :)

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:55 pm
dennis wrote:
Foggy wrote:

Thanks for that Foggy i have emailed David Mond and had a reply from him saying he will look into it for me i wil let you know the outcome when i hear back once again thanks for your advice . :)
Best of luck with it.
12 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Disputes and IVA Mediation”