Saving for Christmas - Park Catalogue

31 posts Page 1 of 3

Anna.da

Post by Anna.da » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:57 pm
Hi, i was thinking of starting to save for Chistmas through Park catalogue, but i don't know much about them, anyone know if its any good? I was going to order love to shop vouchers as the stuff in their catalogue seems expensive and i have no idea what the kids will want for Christmas!

Also, if i set up a monthly direct debit will this cause problems at my yearly review?

Thanks

Skeef143

Post by Skeef143 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:19 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by Anna.da

Hi, i was thinking of starting to save for Chistmas through Park catalogue, but i don't know much about them, anyone know if its any good? I was going to order love to shop vouchers as the stuff in their catalogue seems expensive and i have no idea what the kids will want for Christmas!

Also, if i set up a monthly direct debit will this cause problems at my yearly review?

Thanks
Hi Anna,

I started this last November, although I ran it past my caseworker first and once I'd explained that it was no goods in advance of payment and so on, she said it was okay. I've just had my first review and it wasn't brought up. But of course you have to take it out of your housekeeping allowance or something.

The love2shop vouchers themselves are accepted in lots of places, I've had them as presents myself. I am going to buy gifts or give the vouchers themselves as presents.
Final payment 1st April 2016.
Completion Certificate received 19th May 2016.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:21 am
You'll be fine with that Anna.

I do surveys and get my vouchers that way - costs me nothing but time and Christmas is so much cheaper as everyone gets vouchers as their presents!!!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Orange78

Post by Orange78 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:22 pm
Not knowing much about these things, would you be better off if you had a second bank account and lots of will power?

Without having read everything on the site, you don't get something for nothing, so are their prices inflated when compared to the best prices on the net?

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:03 pm
If you buy vouchers from Park the amount of voucher you buy is the price you pay. I do it every year and it certainly helps. If you get customers you get commission too. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:11 pm
Vouchers will always cost face value.

Think about doing some surveys Anna - lots of vouchers and costs you nothing but time.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Anna.da

Post by Anna.da » Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:01 pm
Thanks everyone, the stuff in the catalogue is definitely over priced, so i think i will go with the vouchers. I do have a savings account but not the will power unfortunatly!! Jan, i have started the surveys and am doing really well with them, the points are building up quite quickly which is good. I have 10 young nephews and nieces to buy for as well as my two boys so know i need to plan ahead!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:44 pm
So glad the surveys are working out for you Anna - I love them.
Bob Marley.

Anna.da

Post by Anna.da » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:02 pm
Thanks Jan, i find the Ipsos surveys good for points, but i also did some global test market surveys and they just kept entering me into prize draws so gave up on them, can you recomend any others?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:09 pm
If you look at my blogs there are survey links on there. With Global Test Market then keep plodding on! There will be surveys where you can build up points and get cash back.
Bob Marley.

Anna.da

Post by Anna.da » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:12 pm
Thanks jan, i think i got those off your blog, so will have another look for some more, and will keep trying with global.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:02 am
I find that I get screened out of a lot of the Ipsos ones and I never do the Global ones for the prize draw. I let the points build up until I get to about 3000 and then send for the money. I believe you get 5 cents for each point which is then converted to sterling and you get a cheque. It takes a while but it's nice when it arrives!!
Bob Marley.

picklepants

Post by picklepants » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:26 pm
I also do surveys etc also what I'm going to do is give my mum money each month from our household budget to put away towards christmas presents.
I'm also going to cut down on the amount of presents i buy for people from now on, i know you don't give to received but when i'm spending like £20 on someone put a lot of thought into it & then get a present back for a £5 without much thought it really pees me off lol
IT"S OVER 11th NOVEMBER 2014

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:56 pm
We have cut back a lot on the amount we spend for birthdays and Christmas. Hubby and I exchange token presents, parents I do give money to and everyone else gets the vouchers I earn from my surveys.
Bob Marley.

ditzydoodle

Post by ditzydoodle » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:22 pm
Kallis, i cant find your blog want to do some surveys to earn some extra pennies towards christmas. who do you do yours with ?
31 posts Page 1 of 3
Return to “money saving tips”