Savings Account ???

23 posts Page 2 of 2

barra

Post by barra » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:43 am
Thanks Kallis and Lesley,
I went into the Co-op bank yesterday and completed forms,just now they called me to say it has been approved.She also said i could have a current account if i want to,instead of the cashminder account.That,s quick service!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:45 am
Excellent news barra! Glad they've given you a full account as well.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

phil732

Post by phil732 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:21 pm
Ive opened an isa savings account, the rates not excellent but atleast I know the money is safe and best thing of all is I cant touch it for a year.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:24 pm
That's good then Phil. Should be a nice little nest egg at the end.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

phil732

Post by phil732 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:35 pm
It should be hopefully, Ive totally gone from being a spendaholic to a saveraholic lol, now I watch every penny.

brandysnaps

Post by brandysnaps » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:45 pm
I have had various savings accounts while in the IVA. I am self-employed and therefore get paid irregularly. So I use savings for a small contingency fund and a place to deposit money when I get a large payment, and then gradually feed the current account as it's required. I don't think it's ever had more than about £2000 in there, and often dips down to £200. I have changed each year to get the introductory deals on new savings accounts, with higher rates of interest. At the moment I have an ING Direct savings account, operated online. Previously I've used Santander and Halifax online accounts. All have been useful and easy to operate in tandem with my Yorkshire Bank account, especially since Faster Payments have come in. It has been invaluable for budgeting. I've never had any questions asked about my savings accounts, while setting them up or subsequently.

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:20 pm
I like our YBS savings account,easy to use and very fast,plus has a cashcard for withdrawals.

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

mattyboy

Post by mattyboy » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:26 pm
Ing direct are good, just a money laundering check not a credit check. Plus they don't do credit cards and bank accounts do no danger of constnt attempts at cross selling. Rates re ok and the website is good.
"Just when you think that you can make ends meet, somebody moves the ends."
23 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “new bank accounts for IVA”