Scared I've Blown It

9 posts Page 1 of 1

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:07 pm
After reading Dominic's post about closing an old bank account, I logged onto my old Natwest online banking to make sure that mine had been cancelled. The bank accounts and loan have disappeared, but my Natwest credit card is still showing as active, even though I cut up the card and returned it to Natwest - I didn't owe any money on it.

The problem is that £1.96 has been taken off my credit card on 10th November, apparently for Ebay fees. I have checked my Ebay account, and I cannot find any payment for that amount so I really don't know what to do. I am going to phone my IP first thing tomorrow, but I'm now terrified that my IVA will fail and all because of £1.96. I also don't understand why Naywest haven't cancelled the credit card.

One down, fifty nine to go until freedom!

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:30 pm
The IVA has been accpeted right so they must have known about it.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:42 pm
Natwest were my biggest creditor and voted in favour, so I have no idea why they didn't cancel the credit card. I have emailed Ebay as well, as I had a problem with my account a few weeks ago. Hopefully it can be sorted out - surely they wouldn't make me bankrupt for £1.96?!?

kezza

Post by kezza » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:44 pm
I'm sure you will be fine skippy. New in IVA, misunderstanding and an oversight on Natwest's part. They should take responsibility for that surely!
THE ONLY WAY IS UP :-)

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:45 pm
Yes i am sure Kezza is correct.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:53 pm
Thanks guys.

Now I've calmed down I've realised that it's not in their interest to make me bankrupt for less than £2 - they're the ones who will lose out in the end as they will get a lot less. I'll pay the £2 if it comes to it!

Dominic

Post by Dominic » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:57 pm
thats right Skippy, and i am sure my old bank will close down the account as well.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:26 am
Well I've spoken to my IP, and as it's only £1.96 I have nothing to worry about! I have also spoken to Natwest, and I have to dispute the payment with them before they can close the account - it seems daft, but I don't want to pay it as it looks as though I'm admitting to using the account. This will all take 2 or 3 weeks, so I'm probably looking at the New Year before anything is solved! Oh well, better to be safe than sorry.
Thanks for putting my mind at rest yesterday - I don't usually panic, but I didn't want to be the first person to be made bankrupt for less than £2!!!

iva experts

Post by iva experts » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:00 pm
Hi Skippy13,

I agree with your I.P you have nothing to worry about, I’m glad that everything is being sorted out.

Like you said in a previous post if you were to go bankrupt the creditors would potentially get a lot less. So it would be ludicrous for them to take you down that path all for £2.

In cases like these where you are uncertain about things do not hesitate to contact your I.P as soon as possible. They are the best people as they know the terms and conditions of your IVA.

Hope this information is of use

Regards. IVA Experts
Best Regards,
Michelle Pontes
IVA Experts
http://www.iva-experts.co.uk/
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “how you were getting on in 2006”