scared

42 posts Page 1 of 3

Locko

Post by Locko » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:07 pm
Creditors meeting tomorrow, feeling really nervous. Since Monday have been crying on and off all week and dont know whether its because of the meeting tomorrow or other things. My dad died suddenly in November and I have been ok but I cant stop thinking of him and really miss him. I hate feeling like this as I feel as if I have no control over my feelings and doesnt help when your in the office and feel like crying all the time, saying that have a really understanding boss. Sorry this waffel but feel really down [:(][:(]

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:13 pm
Locko, you poor thing. I'm sending you a big hug. Your emotions are obviously all over the place at the moment. You are still grieving and having to go through this is only adding to the sadness. I really hope that your IVA is approved and then you can at least put that behind you. I know it's hard but think of all the good times with your Dad, he's looking over you, I'm sure. Good luck for tomorrow. X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:19 pm
A big hug from me as well Locko. Time does heal, but you've got to allow yourself time to grieve. I'm sure your dad is looking after you, and he'll be with you tomorrow.

Take care, and good luck for tomorrow x

Locko

Post by Locko » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:20 pm
Thanks Viki, crying again as I'm typing this. I am usually a strong quite laid back person but am also an open book so on Monday in work when I was really quiet which belive me is not me, people notice. Thanks for your kind words they really mean something and I will let you know how I get on tomorrow. My dad was only 57 and was such a lovely man and didnt deserve to die, to cut a long story short he had liver cancer and was diagnosed and dead within a week even though he had been under the hospital for 14 years with a lung disease, sorry waffling again thanks again cathy xxx

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:23 pm
Oh Cathy, that's awful, what a tragedy. I don't know what to say to make you feel better, but I do know that after tomorrow you can at least put all that debt burden behind you. Stay strong, we're all here for you. What time is your meeting? X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:27 pm
I can't say anything to make you feel better Cathy, but I really can understand. My dad died of cancer but we didn't know he had it until after he died. He had MS, arthritis and osteoporosis and the pain from those illnesses masked the pain of the cancer. He went into hospital on Thursday and he died on Friday, Good Friday - how ironic.

It's such a shock when these things happen and it makes you wonder why these things happen. Please make sure you grieve for him and don't bottle things up. I did, and it messed me up for a long time.

Locko

Post by Locko » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:34 pm
Thanks Viki the meeting is 1:00 p.m. so will let you know how it goes.

Skippy I am so sorry, as my dad had badly scared lungs we think it may have started as lung cancer but the disease he had, hid it. I try not to show my feelings to my mum as she is 60 in September and on the same day they would have been married 40 years so its really hard at the moment, my little brother is only 18 as well. Thanks for all your kind words it is really appreciated. And hugs to you both as well Cathy xxx

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:38 pm
My Dad died 20 years ago, and whenever I am feeling low I think of him and feel his presence. They never go too far away, and just when he was alive and I was younger - you sometimes only need them when things are not going well. But they are always there.

Keep strong and do let us know how the meeting goes.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:40 pm
I'm an only child, and the main reason I bottled everything up was to protect my mum. Unfortunately mum and I drifted apart, but now we are closer than we've ever been - it's taken a long time though. We still rarely talk about my dad as it upsets my mum.

Your mum is lucky to have such a caring daughter, and you will both get through it.

What time is your meeting tomorrow?

facingittogether

Post by facingittogether » Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:44 pm
hi locko!

i feel so sorry for you, you are obviously really down at hte moment. i can sympathise as i lost my dad 18 years ago and i still miss him and my mu who passed away 10 years ago - remember your dad will always be watching over you and is always by your side!

i will be thinking about you tomorrow - sending you a big hug - hope you get a positive outcome - remember everyone on here is here for you!

love barb x
12 down - 60 to go! woo hoo!

moretolife

Post by moretolife » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:05 pm
locko.....hope all goes well tomorow...dont worry too much re the tears...i fully believe we were given the ability to cry for many reasons....its a lot better than bottling it all up

it is very sad when our parents die so young..both my parents died in their early 60s....but my dads death hit me a lot harder than my mums...
take care of yourself and let us know how it all goes tomorrow....
IVA completed 11th Dec 2009 due to a Full and Final with the fantastic help of Michael Peoples and
Mc Cambridge Duffy

Visit my blog...Journey from Debt to Life Post IVA
http://moretolife.blogs.iva.co.uk

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:48 pm
Just wanted to wish you good luck for tomorrow ... my dad died 16 years ago and it is times such as this that you feel the need for the presence of a dad isn't it.

We are all thinking of you and fingers, toes and everything crossed for you.

Debbie
Debbie

Til

Post by Til » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:16 pm
Best wishes Locko - really feel for you - I know what it's like to lose a parent but hopefully tomorrow will bring you a reason to smile a little xxx
"Hope is the feeling you have that the feeling you have isn't permanent." - Jean Kerr

IVA approved Aug 2008 - 6 year term - last payment made 6 Oct 2014. CC received 14 Nov 2014.

tori

Post by tori » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:33 pm
hi cathy,i wish you all the luck in the world for your meeting,& then hopefully you can start to feel a bit better about things.having the worry of your debts whilst still grieving for your dad must be both physically & emotionally draining.but im sure that once you've got your iva sorted out you will start to feel that little bit stronger.your dad will be watching over you to guide & support you.& im sure he would have been proud of you for taking this very brave step.big hugs[:)]and try not to worry[:)]xx
please visit my blog http://tori.blogs.iva.co.uk/ a second chance..

Lisa2009

Post by Lisa2009 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:10 am
I too would like to wish you the best of luck. I'm sure you dad will be with you tomorrow holding your hand (so to speak)

Take care xxxxx
http://mrsskint.blogs.iva.co.uk/ 'Our Story'

Nil carborundum illegitimi
42 posts Page 1 of 3
Return to “IVA creditors meeting soon: wish me luck!”