Scottish power.......Help Please

11 posts Page 1 of 1

hillsy

Post by hillsy » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:07 pm
Does anyone know if you can add an outstanding utility bill to your IVA after it has been running for several months. I explained in a previous post that due to Scottish power cancelling my Direct Debit, they sent me a bill for £226.72. I have been paying them £25.00 per month for the past 5 months now want to increase payments to £84.50 per month to cover usage plus outstanding bill over 12 months. An increase of £59.50, which we really can not afford. If I change my supplier and pay £50.00 per month to them that would be more affordably and have outstanding bill added to IVA. I have contacted my IVA company, but person I need to speak to is out of the office until 1st September. Any Advice please !

Jan01

Post by Jan01 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:13 pm
Don't know keeping this to the top of the forum for you for an expert to reply.

Jan
Nothing you can buy feels as good as not being in debt.

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:22 pm
Hey Hillsy, is your debt from before your IVA or after? I think if before, it can be added. Please wait for Melanie or Andy on this one. X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

worryhead

Post by worryhead » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:23 pm
Hi
Scottish power have a trust that you can apply to to get outstanding debt wiped off, i work at a not for profit organisation as a support worker and i have wiped off loads of debts like this, all gas/electricity companies have a grants board, unfortunatly with Scottish Power a not for profit organisation will need to apply on your behalf as they do not award individuals like British Gas and N Power. Do you have Welfare Support services where you live? If not CAB might help you with the application, its worth a try if you can not get it put into your IVA. Hope that helps [:)]

Julie

Post by Julie » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:43 pm
Thats brilliant advice worryhead - would be great if there was a list of not for profit organisations around ?

worryhead

Post by worryhead » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:50 pm
I only know a few, not sure if i would be allowed to list them, maybe admin will let me know [:)] my company is a charity and covers hull, grimsby and s****horpe. But there is another one that does a wider area that we send our referrals on too if there out of our area. Hope i am not getting into trouble for posting this, i promise there is no commission involved ( that would be good though hehe) [:D]

worryhead

Post by worryhead » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:58 pm
Also Npower have a new payment plan called FirstStep, if you are paying more then 10% of your income on your gas/elecrtric they can reduce your payments for 6 months and wipe off any exsisting balance as long as you stick to the lower payments for 6 months. I know its only 6 months but it gives you a break from the huge bills for now and gets rid of any existing debt [:)] you just need to ask for FirstStep and explain and they start it straight away. Just incase any others out there are struggling. Its just a shame Scottish power do not let you apply yourself [:0] hopefully this will change in the future.

admin

Site Admin

Post by admin » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:13 pm
Hi worryhead,
Thanks for posting that really useful information, and yes it would certainly be OK to go ahead with those links [:D]
cheers, admin
Admin

Posting Guidelines:
Industry Experts
-Must have appropriate licenses
-Advice is transparent and clear
-No solicitation (web link in signature is ok)

Forum Experts
-Give advice based on personal experience
-Are impartial and transparent

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:17 pm
I never knew that. It's good information to store away.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

worryhead

Post by worryhead » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:53 pm
Hi thanks for that, well there is the one in my area who i am with which is www.humbercare.org.uk and the one that has support workers everywhere, or they will know someone in your area is www.bostonmayflower.org.uk/ we are all funded by supporting people so it costs you nothing for help and advice. Thanks for allowing me to pass this on, i hope this helps people [:D]

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:08 pm
Hi
Back to the original question
It is difficult to include a utility bill if you are still using their services.
The best that you can do is to try and negotiate a lower repayment of the outstanding debt.Have you tried a pre payment meter ?
Regards
Andam Davies
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for august”