Second job

3 posts Page 1 of 1

clairew

Post by clairew » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:26 pm
I have two months to go until I am discharged at the beginning of July and I was wondering whether I could get away with applying for a second job and "not mentioning it" to my OR.

The thing is I am really struggling for cash and I would really like to get a part time job, a couple of evenings a week, just to earn me an extra £50 a week. However there doesnt seem much point in doing this if the OR is going to take most of it off of me. I do not have an IPA/IPO so theoretically, come July, I am free of the OR.

However, I would like to to get a second job now if possible. What do you think the likelihood of my OR finding out about it in the next two months and if they did and I hadnt disclosed it, what would be the consequences.

I do mean to sound so deceitful but I have just about managed for the last 10 months and now I would like to try and earn a bit extra so that I can have a bit of life.

Thanks so much in advance.

C x

Oliver

Post by Oliver » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:22 pm
I think the best thing to do is be upfront and honest with the OR, say you are struggling a little and want a second income to pay for your living costs.
Best Regards
Oliver

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:58 pm
I would say that the OR is unlikely to be too bothered about your second job - but best to be open and up front about it in the first place.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “bankruptcy”