seen by the official reciever

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
10 posts Page 1 of 1

Andymav

Post by Andymav » Tue May 11, 2010 7:11 pm
hi all had to see the official reciever today turns out i might have to pay £50.00 per month but she said that it wasnt set in stone and that considering my situation i might be let off... but on the devastating side i have an injury claim ongoing from a serious accident which is going to be seized so not feeling to good about that as that money was going to be used for my rehabilitation but obviously the or doesnt care about that so im a bit lost lol
Andy

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue May 11, 2010 7:17 pm
I'm sorry to hear that you've got to pay the money from the claim over. I don't know much about these things, but maybe you can appeal as the money is for your rehabilitation - hopefully one of the experts will be able to advise.

Regarding the IPA, if you find that you're struggling to pay £50 speak to the OR ASAP and ask to have it reassessed.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue May 11, 2010 7:19 pm
I'm glad your meeting went ok and that you might not get an IPA.

You need to try and impress upon the OR that you need some of that money to help towards rehabilitation.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Andymav

Post by Andymav » Tue May 11, 2010 7:20 pm
thanks kallis on the up side i suppose the debts are gone and its just a case of slowly rebuilding my finances but as i said the or has not said i defo have to pay it it was just a proposal so fingers crossed i may not have to worry about it
Andy

Andymav

Post by Andymav » Tue May 11, 2010 7:21 pm
thanks skippy on the up side i suppose the debts are gone and its just a case of slowly rebuilding my finances but as i said the or has not said i defo have to pay it it was just a proposal so fingers crossed i may not have to worry about it
Andy

Andymav

Post by Andymav » Tue May 11, 2010 7:24 pm
well my doctors have said they will draft some letter for the or and that my rehabilitation is essential so im hoping with medicall evidence that money may be protected
Andy

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue May 11, 2010 7:24 pm
Fingers crossed Andy.

Don't forget to keep posting to let us know how you are getting on.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Julie

Post by Julie » Tue May 11, 2010 7:32 pm
I hope your doctors letter helps Andy.

good luck xx

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue May 11, 2010 9:43 pm
Rehabilitation is necessary and I hope the Dr's letter helps retain some of the money to access this. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed May 12, 2010 1:11 am
Your injury claim should not form part of the bankrutpcy estate, unless is is linked to a loss of earnings.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”