Self employed IVA self assesment advice

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
25 posts Page 2 of 2

adambecki2011

Post by adambecki2011 » Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:49 am
still no rebate. HMRC are dragging their heels.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Jun 08, 2023 12:16 pm
Keep pestering them - it hopefully will be here soon.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Mrs_Brown

Post by Mrs_Brown » Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:04 am
Pretty sure I saw on HMRC socials that they are closing their self employment phone line, if you can't call them try a web chat or write in. You'd hope if they're not answering the phone that that frees up people to deal with any letters.

Mrs_Brown

Post by Mrs_Brown » Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:05 am
Sorry meant to say temporarily closing it, I don't think it's shut for good just in a low point of demand.

adambecki2011

Post by adambecki2011 » Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:10 am
Hi, that’s correct HMRC have closed phone lines for 3 months 😢 still no luck and just keep getting given new dates.
We have now been told we need a new UTR number… this was a month ago and still not received.
Raised a complaint two weeks ago and still nothing.
They have revised the amount and added £163 but still saying not yet used and they won’t release the payment.
Payplan have confirmed that they have been in contact with HMRC as they don’t want a claim on the funds and happy to be sent direct to us.
This is the only thing holding my hubby back from having a permanent position and be an employee rather than self employed.

It’s getting beyond a joke at how long this process is taking. And for them to close their phone lines at such a busy time of year is just frustrating. People on the online chat don’t connect with you on a personal level and just copy and paste responses.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:14 am
This is really bad - can you raise it with an ombudsman or contact your local MP? You could also try sending an email to Martin Lewis and see if he can do anything.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

adambecki2011

Post by adambecki2011 » Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:28 am
Since I last posted I managed to get through to the online chat. They have confirmed that a new UTR has been posted along with a letter, we should also have an update on our complaint by 24/07.
Once the new UTR comes I think we will have to resubmit the self assessment and go from there.
Hopefully it’s now moving forward.
Thank you

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:21 am
At least you are getting somewhere. Keep us informed.
Bob Marley.

adambecki2011

Post by adambecki2011 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:42 pm
A month on since I last posted, still no refund. They moved everything to the new UTR just not the tax that was paid so tried to say we owed £3400! Made another complaint debt been taken off as tax was paid on the old UTR!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:02 pm
This is not good - I don't know if there is an Ombudsman you can complain to or threaten them with legal action if they don't sort it out.

You could try contacting Tony Hetherington from the Mail on Sunday and asking him to look into it for you. He's usually pretty good.
Bob Marley.
25 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”