Selling on e-bay

17 posts Page 1 of 2

e.h

Post by e.h » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:05 pm
Hi everyone

Can I ask, for those of you that do, what sort of clothing can you sell on e-bay? Does it have to be designer gear or just stuff that you have in your wardrobe that doesn't fit any more, for example? Would you, for example, say "I've got five nearly new shirts (worn once) does someone want to buy them for £1 each?" Is that the sort of thing. Sorry for sounding naive about it but I've never done this sort of thing and I have two wardrobes full of worn once or brand new, never worn clothing that I could turn into cash!

Many thanks

Liz
x

indebtforever

Post by indebtforever » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:12 pm
you can sell anything on ebay you set a start bid and it rises as others bid for the item

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:13 pm
Hiya Liz, why not have a look on ebay for similar items that you want to sell and have a look what others have wrote? I did that until I found my 'ebay feet',so to speak.
Things don't have to be designer, just in reasonable condition. A word of advice though, be honest in your description, buyers can leave you neg feedback and return the item if it's mis-described. Good luck with your selling [:)]
Last edited by chris.g on Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's nice to be back......

e.h

Post by e.h » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:19 pm
Thanks for the advice.

I'll have a go I think.

Liz
x

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:22 pm
You can also sell it at a fixed price or ask someone to make you an offer.

Also make sure that you don't overcharge for your postage because they will leave you negative feedback for that as well.

You will also need to have a Paypal account. I think that is one thing that Ebay stipulates now, or they are going to do in the near future.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:27 pm
Hey Liz, I sell all my old clothes on ebay. I've sold a brand new with tags blouse, which only got one bid and I had to part with it for 99p, and then I sold an old dress that I wore to death in the 80s for £36, with 7 bids! Just get them on there, there is a buyer for everything. Good luck. Viki X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:53 pm
but remember it costs to place the advert on ebay...and the costs quickly add up!

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:56 pm
I always do mine on cheap listing day! It's good at the moment because your gallery picture is free until the end of September.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Moneystinks

Post by Moneystinks » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:08 pm
Please everyone read th smallprint with regards to paypal. We had someone do a 'charge back' nearly 6 months fter they had bought an item and verified is was 'absolutely superb'. Frst thing we knew of the charge back was when £600 left our empty yes EMPTY Barclay card - we have since nearly filled this card [:I]

Moneystinks

Post by Moneystinks » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:10 pm
Meant to say stil a relly good tool we are just a little more careful nowadays.....X

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:12 pm
Whats a charge back? Not heard of that one.
Bob Marley.

Moneystinks

Post by Moneystinks » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:18 pm
It's where the person raises a disputeand claims the money back. They used to have something crazy like 6 months to claim. The guy asked us to send a tracking number - we did, he sent a mail saying he had received it - great, 2 days later he sent a mail saying how wonderful it was and left us really good feedback - brilliant.

just short of 6 months later we noticed the debit from the card - followed it up it was paypal.

We tried ringing paypal - you ty and get a number where you can speak to a person......I had to ring trading standards!!!

In the end they said they could not use e mails or the ebay system (feed back) as proof he was happy and had received the item. They said it was a conflict of interest as they are one in the same company. The refused at every turning to look at our case...we gave up I wasn't well at the time - normally I won't let things drop!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:21 pm
That really is bad Marie.

I thought though that as soon as they raised a dispute, that Paypal got in touch with you to give you time to put your side of the story?
If they didn't, that's disgraceful!

I've not had that happen fortunately.
Bob Marley.

Moneystinks

Post by Moneystinks » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:25 pm
I think in fairness they probably did send us an e mail but due tomy illnes we had not been on the computer for about 5 weeks in all - a long time anyway. My main isue was the fact that they were o difficult to get in touch with and also they were determined to block us at every opportunity. They were just happy they had recovered the money from us nd not had to hand it over themselves.

It was the most expensive all singing all dancing phone he has ever had! [:I]

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:26 pm
No wonder you are careful now!
Bob Marley.
17 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “postings for june”