Set-up stage ... calls coming in!

37 posts Page 2 of 3

angelrainbow

Post by angelrainbow » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:36 pm
We never spoke to any of ours..and didn't pay anything. We were advised to stop all payments and so we did.
Completion Certificate received September 2012.

alittlebitlost

Post by alittlebitlost » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:47 pm
Hi Simon, Lesley & angelrainbow!

Sorry for the delay in replying. I have adopted a policy of not engaging anyone by telephone. All my creditors will now be aware of my situation as I have written to each one with the briefest of details - stating that I am setting up an IVA and the address and contact info for my IP.

I did initially speak to some of them, and was very polite I might add, but they clearly just want to persist in getting money out of me - therefore I will respond by post only if they write - it'll be the same letter each time and to all of them.

I had been advised to make no futher payments, so I haven't. I don't want there to be any shadow of doubt with regard to potential preference.

I have now received my draft proposal so things are moving on, by the end of this week (earlier hopefully) my IP will receive my signed papers and the letters can go to my creditors.

Getting there. I hope you're feeling OK Simon, it's good to share this with everyone.

Nice to see Lesley and angelrainbow travelling 'the road' well through the IVA.

Happy bank holiday!

Baz :)
Last edited by alittlebitlost on Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alittlebitlost

Post by alittlebitlost » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:50 pm
I should add that the script idea is a brilliant one and the fact of being consistent important too.

In my case that's why I have chosen to make a point of sending a letter where it's required.

The phone calls have been heavy over the weekend but much quieter in the week now - perhaps the message is getting through?

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:06 am
Good to hear that your IVA process is progressing nicely.

Although I spoke to my creditors, I also sent letters and as my IVA took a little while to setup (because I had to remortgage initially) I wrote at 4 weekly intervals too. Mind as others say it doesn't matter on the day if you have kept in touch or not.

With draft proposal in your hand it won't be long now..keep in touch and carry on posting !x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:59 am
I just to write to mine as well, they used to get the same letter, and I used to get the usual script back from them as well.

Now you've got your draft proposal, read it well and make sure there are no little surprises in there before you sign it, remember you have got to work with this for the next five years.

Once it's sent back it won't be long before you get a date.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Julie

Post by Julie » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:40 pm
Hope the phonecalls don't get to you too much - I used to turn the ringer off to get some peace. Its not the callers fault, they do have jobs to do, but it can wear you down.

Hopefully you'll have a dste soon for the creditors meeting and the end will be in sight.

Good luck xx

alittlebitlost

Post by alittlebitlost » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:36 am
Sorry, again, it's been a bit since I last posted here.

Thanks, as ever, for the encouraging words.

Within the next few days I should get my finalised proposal - along with my creditors. The process is moving along well, it should give me my meeting date too ... I'm presuming?

I've more or less switched myself off from the calls now, they tend to come at the weekend (and go again). I appreciate for some it's easier said than done as everytime that phone goes you're on edge - I certainly started my early days like that. Thanks, in a MASSIVE way, go to the amazing people on this forum who have been there and are well qualified to advise and help reassure.

I don't think I can put into words what a difference it makes having you around.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:43 am
Baz we'll be here for you all the way along your journey so stick around with us. I think how you deal with creditors at the beginning of your journey is personal to everyone and there is no right or wrong, to pay or not to pay or to answer or to ignore....glad the forum is of help to you and I wish you well when you get your date for the creditors meeting as I'm sure it won't be long after you've agreed the proposal.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:49 am
Shouldn't be long now until your meeting.

I ignored my calls as well. Don't worry, I am sure everything will be ok.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

alittlebitlost

Post by alittlebitlost » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:13 pm
See, that's what I mean about how fantastic this forum is. Quick replies with only support to give.

You're great people.

I'll definitely stick around and post updates as I enjoy reading all of yours too.

Last edited by alittlebitlost on Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:34 pm
Look forward to hearing from you Baz.
Bob Marley.

confuzzled

Post by confuzzled » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:56 pm
Getting between 8-12 calls a day from creditors at the moment - despite writing to them all letting them know I'm in the process of setting up an IVA. Must admit, I'm ignoring the calls now as I'm fed up with giving the same explanation over and over again.

Curious to see whether the calls will stop on Christmas Day, at least, or whether I'll still be hassled over my Christmas Lunch!

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:38 pm
I think that even persistent creditors give up in time for Christmas Day and Boxing Day. Well I hope so!
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:56 pm
They did with me, never had a call on either day.
Bob Marley.

flumpy dog

Post by flumpy dog » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:38 am
i did have calls xmas ee and boxing day-the lovely mercers but lets hope theres a big gust of wind tonight and all their phone lines go down-that would be a shame :))))))))))))))))))))) xxxxxxxxx
37 posts Page 2 of 3
Return to “Harrassment by creditors ?”