Settlement Advice Needed Please!

3 posts Page 1 of 1

yorkcityfc

Post by yorkcityfc » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:12 pm
Hi everyone. This is my first time posting here so a big hello to everyone. Anyway, here's my tale:
I'm 2 years into an IVA (just about to start year 3). The original debt was 18,500 and Im due to pay back 13,200 over the 5 years. I pay £220 p/m and have paid this religiously, on time every month. My situation has changed however and my girlfriend (who has nothing to do with the IVA) is pregnant and due to drop on xmas eve. We're both really happy but I'll now have to start paying for everything. I'm not complaining at all about this but at the moment she pays half of most bills and the rent so my financial circumstances are going to change a lot. Basically, I worry that I'm not going to be able to pay the IVA. I know there is bankruptcy but I really don't want this at all because one day I'd like to buy a house and all the other stuff most people want. My dad mentioned he might be able to lend me a lump sum to get rid of the IVA. By my recogning I've put about 5K into it over the 2 years which would leave about 7k left. My dad (who is not by any means a wealthy guy) said he might be able to give me £5000 as a loan to help. My question is would this be enough to get a full and final settlement on the IVA or am I just living in a dream world?
Any help / advice that anyone could give would be most appreciated. Thanks a lot for taking the time to read this to the end!

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:25 am
Hi & a warm welcome to the forum from me & congratulations on your news!

Im not a expert in some of your quires but I will bump this up n someone with more experience will be along.
Final IVA payment made in April 2013, never ever thought we could do it or get through it but we did! X

An IVA.co.uk Mentor is someone sharing from their experiences of dealing with debt

Lyns x

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:21 am
Duplicate thread.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “full and final settlements”