Shocking news on UK government debt -truth!!

11 posts Page 1 of 1

kalla

Post by kalla » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:04 pm
Finally, a authoritative statement, no more politic posturing,just plain truth - we are all to pay!! !Only the US can do worse.

Its time for change as in the US.

THE STORY:

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/news/artic ... _id=2&ct=5

What people have said in response:

The high price we are all going to have to pay for the next few decades as the result of flawed policies from a flawed (un-elected) prime minister. Never has so much economic and social destruction been caused by so few is such a short space of time. This will be Brown's legacy - TOTAL FAILURE! You're FIRED!!!

- Jennie, Oxford
Posted: 28 January 2009, 10:09am

2. Good for the IFS. At last someone is telling it as it really is. There seems to be a misconception that everything will get back to how it was if only someone pulls the right levers. The hard truth is that exponentially increasing borrowing to fund increasingly better lifestyles has been stopped and the debt hangover has got to be repaid. Living standards, despite no mention of it by MP's, will have to drop significantly for at least the next decade.

- Terry Martin, Hertford
Posted: 28 January 2009, 10:28am

3. In my opinion (for what it is worth) we were already grossly over-taxed so once these increases are implemented it is going to be ridiculous. My wife and I are on below average wages and we pay about £13k per annum in taxes excluding VAT etc. The only thing of value that we get for this extortion money is our bins emptied once a week. That's it! nothing else of value. I could pay someone to empty my bins for less than £2k and be £11k better off.

- Ekto, Scotland
Posted: 28 January 2009, 10:53am

4. This is a truly horrible situation, one that is going to blight our children's future as well as our own. They need to put these risk-taking executives in prison for their financial incompetence, as a deterrent to stop this situation from being repeated again.

janderson

Post by janderson » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:37 pm
Be careful what you wish for!!

John

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:30 pm
I know what I wish for - a general election so we can tell our incompetent leader and his cronies what we think of them!

blue gorilla

Post by blue gorilla » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:38 pm
Hear, hear!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:51 pm
Totally agree.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

size5

Industry Expert

Post by size5 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:21 pm
To quote Billy Connolly, "The desire to become a politician should automatically bar you from ever being one. Don't vote, it only encourages them!!"

Regards.
Cert DR
23+ years in debt advice
I do not post for anyone other than myself

Follow my tweets at http://twitter.com/debtmastersize5

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:53 pm
[:D][:D][:D]
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

janderson

Post by janderson » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:26 pm
I only hope none of you work in the public sector, when you rush to put the tories in you will be the first to go.

J[xx(]

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:27 pm
I do work in the public sector - and I'm quite happy that my job will be safe.
Bob Marley.

skint of leek

Post by skint of leek » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:54 pm
i work for local govt too, the tories screwed it up in the 80's, cut backs followed cut backs and labour councils were penalised = poor services for locals, if they get back then you'll get your bins emptied every 3 weeks!

just get rid of brown, get obama in!

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:03 pm
I work closely with people in the States and from what I've heard about Obama, maybe they shouldn't be as optimistic as they are at present...
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “talking about ...”