SHOP AROUND!!

5 posts Page 1 of 1

jpj

Post by jpj » Wed May 28, 2008 5:16 pm
"Oh my god"....That was the reply I gave the Autoglass lady when she told me it was £519 for a new windscreen to replace the cracked one on my car!!

After telling her I was only 3rd party fire and theft she offered me a 25% "discount" bringing it down to £416.00...sorry..still to much love!

I then call a local company out the yellow pages....£119,brand new and fitted on my drive!!

Always shop around folks....were in rip off Britain!![:D]

cfnc

Post by cfnc » Wed May 28, 2008 6:30 pm
Auto glass always give the impression that it is relatively cheap to fix a windscreen!

Good advice on the Shop around.

Kirsty
Kirsty

TheMatrix

Post by TheMatrix » Wed May 28, 2008 6:35 pm
And I paid autoglass £75 with my insurance excess recently.

Autoglass will repair chips free, but you have to be fully comp I believe. Did not notice any chips, just driving over one of those speed bumbs and noticed the crack.

Always the way!
We're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start. All that we're asking in return is your cooperation.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed May 28, 2008 6:57 pm
Gosh, that was a good saving even if you could have done without paying it out at all.

I try to shop around for everything, most especially insurance. You might spend hours on the internet, but it is usually worth it.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed May 28, 2008 8:40 pm
I left my car in a car park on holiday a few years ago and got back to find a massive crack in the windscreen. Luckily I was fully comp and it cost me £60 - the windscreen excess went up the next year though!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for may”