Shopping costs

16 posts Page 1 of 2

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:56 pm
Well, just come back from a top up shopping trip. Went to our local Tesco for some white potatoes and dog food. We were shocked to see that the spuds were a pound dearer than Asda and the dog food 67p dearer! The milk we have has gone up 28p a two litre, and the skimmed I take to work has gone up 5p for a litre. Plus their petrol is now 118.9.

We put our stuff back and went to Asda!

I shall be keeping a very careful eye on the prices!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:14 pm
Good for you... putting it all back, too right! I prefer Asda but it's SO big, I'm in there for hours! X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:17 pm
There was no way I was going to pay that much over the odds, plus I get 10% discount at Asda as daughter works there. Tesco is much closer for the top up shopping though, but shan't be using it again until the prices drop.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:19 pm
................you'll be pleased to know though that they have slashed the price of a litre bottle of Grants Whisky! Why don't they do it on the stuff that really matters?
Bob Marley.

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:20 pm
Our last shop at tescos didnt seem to be as cost efficient as asda shops but we did have some vouchers off. Our local tesco is 3 times the size of the asda but the asda is soo much cheaper.
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

connie

Post by connie » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:40 pm
i noticed that too. fruit is megabucks a the mo. the cat food i usually get has gone up from 36p a tin to 64p there only little tins as well and my 2 have 2 tins each a day. i just can't afford to feed them it anymore so i've had to change it. i'm sure i'll suffer for it when they end up with a dodgy tummy. my oldest one usually does when her food is changed.
i've been going to tesco cos i've been using the vouchers out of the news of the world for the last 3 weeks. £5 off when you spend £30.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:43 pm
They're doing 5p off a litre of petrol with a spend over £50 by me at the moment, and the way the prices are going up it won't take long to spend that £50!

Considering they are supposed to be cutting prices, I haven't seen much evidence of that.
Bob Marley.

connie

Post by connie » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:47 pm
yeah i seen that too.
i noticed when i walked in the first isle has bee dedicated to all the buy one gets one frees and has all these price crunch signs up. all that does is make people spend more cos they buy stuff they don't need just because its on offer.
i've been taking a list with my now to cover everything i need for the week and i don't put anything in thats not on the list. i must say i find it really works and my shopping bills have come right down.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:50 pm
We're lucky that Harry eats Sainsburys own brand cat food! We buy a box of 44 pouches for £8 and some Whiskas biscuits and that lasts him for nearly a month. I know what you mean about suffering Connie - we gave Harry Felix as a treat, but never again!

Sainsburys are doing 5p off a litre of petrol as well if anyone shops there.

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:52 pm
kallis3 wrote:

They're doing 5p off a litre of petrol with a spend over £50 by me at the moment, and the way the prices are going up it won't take long to spend that £50!

Considering they are supposed to be cutting prices, I haven't seen much evidence of that.
Our tesco has put its fuel up over the last couple of days and is now dearer than asda,take off 60 litres at 5p each and we would still be better off at asda and pay the extra for fuel.
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:58 pm
We have two dogs, one of which is a bit fussy with his food so we keep changing it. They're both on Bakers complete at the moment, suplemented with left overs from our meals. It's not too badly priced at Asda, so I'm afraid he is going to have to eat it or go hungry!
Bob Marley.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:59 pm
I won't use Tesco petrol as I got caught out last year when they had the dodgy fuel. They are no cheaper than the big companies, and I find that I get more miles to the gallon from the main brand fuel.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:06 pm
I must admit that I go to the cheapest I can find.

I subscribe to www.petrolprices.com and get twice weekly emails from them telling me my local stations and their prices. Ok, sometimes it might have gone up a penny by the time I get there, but they are usually ok.
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:58 pm
I use petrol prices.com too and always go for the cheapest I must admit, food prices, fuel prices getting totally out of hand at the moment, we have a Morrisons and Sainsbury in our local vicinity but find it cheaper to travel 17 miles to Asda as we save more than the amount of fuel we use.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:33 pm
And if you can combine it with your weekly shopping, then job done![:D]
Bob Marley.
16 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “postings for june”