Should I add my mobile bill to my Iva?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Pokemon1996

Post by Pokemon1996 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:11 am
Hi, I started my IVA 2 and a half years ago, I have recently been struggling paying my Mobile phone contract, it contains an iPad and a phone. If I add this account to my IVA will the gadgets be taken off me? Many thanks

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Jun 04, 2020 6:43 am
Hi,
It should have been added at the start - you can always ask at your annual review. I doubt your gadgets will be taken off you.

If you pay by DD it should have shown up on your statements.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:49 am
You can't put the cost of the gadgets in as a loan, but can have an allowance for the payment you make to the service provider in your allowed expenses ( assuming these are on the phone contract ). These payments should have been included at the start. Unfortunately it is harder to add these things in after the start, but the IP might be helpful.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Radish

Post by Radish » Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:52 am
If I remember Mobile phones contract or PAYG, a Gym memberships and even Sky TV was accepted, I think they asked me to drop my £6.99 a month for Film4 (before it was free), but otherwise I was on cheapest alternates of all of these which they accepted.

An IVA is a long process of 5 or 6 years and can mean a lot or staying in so you need these things, its a lot cheaper to play Pet rescue and Candy crush on your phone than it is to do many other more costly activities.
IVA complete March 2014 after 6 years.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”