Should I be worried

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

stevie43

Post by stevie43 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:22 am
Did an F&F last year. Received completion certificate. Credit file now all clear of defaults etc. I then receive a letter from a company stating that they have bought over my debt acknowledge that I was in an IVA and they would contact Credit fix to receive future payments. What is going on here. How can my debt be sold on when my iva has been settled for over 12 months. Thanks for any advice.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:36 am
Hi,

Don't worry - this is just an oversight on their part and I would either ignore it, send it to Credit fix or send a copy of your completion letter to them.

There is nothing they can do.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:43 am
Debts are sold in large parcels and this is not uncommon. I agree with Kallis that there is nothing to be worried about but send a copy of the final report to the debt purchaser.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:25 pm
Hope the above has reassured you and you get this sorted asap.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”