Should I call my creditors back?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

tia

Post by tia » Tue May 01, 2018 8:11 am
My iva meeting is on Friday I've had a message from one of my creditors saying they would like to speak to me. Should I ignore them or call them?.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue May 01, 2018 8:40 am
Personally, I would ignore it. If you do call, tell them you have an IVA meeting on Friday so you won't be making a payment to them
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue May 01, 2018 8:45 am
There is nothing they need to speak to you about in regard to the IVA -- I imagine they are chasing missed payments or after a settlement. I would ignore it.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Mrs_Brown

Post by Mrs_Brown » Tue May 01, 2018 4:46 pm
Ignore it and if your phone allows you to block their number, do it. Send them straight to voicemail! I had call upon call from Leeds numbers as I had First Direct accounts. As I was using stepchange (also in Leeds) I Googled a lot of numbers after if no voicemail was left. There was nothing to say to them that I hadn't put in writing already, other than refer to my letter of whatever date when I asked you only to communicate in writing.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Wed May 02, 2018 1:23 am
Definetly ignore it ... they are trying to get you to pay money to them and with your iva around the corner then you need to simply stay resolute and say no.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”