should i change my bank account

12 posts Page 1 of 1

depressed

Post by depressed » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:41 pm
hi ,i have been in a dmp for 3 yrs now but want to enter into an iva ,i bank with hsbc at the moment but i have hfc as one of my creditors ,should i change my bank account as i believe hfc and hsbc are linked ? i have so many different creditors and was wondering if anybody could give me advise on who to open an account with ? our creditors include cl finance ,barclays ,natwest ,creation ,and loads more !! also my husband is self employed so he needs a business account also . any help would be much appreciated ,many thanks .

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:15 pm
You will need to change your bank account as HSBC have a policy of closing the bank accounts of people in IVAs. If they are not one of your creditors, I would recommend the Co-op Cashminder account - you get a Visa Electron card and internet banking. You can open the account on the phone, and although they don't have many branches their customer service on the phone is excellent. You can also pay in money at any Post Office branch.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present - a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

depressed

Post by depressed » Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:40 am
hi skippy ,thankyou for your reply ,i managed to open a cash minder account over the phone ,they were great ,i don't think they are linked to any of my creditors ? just in the process of setting up and collecting all the information for our iva ,we are going through mccambridge duffy ,they seem great ,i'll let you all know how everything goes ,this forum is fantastic ,its helped me learn so much,i thought i must have the worst debts in the world and thought there would never be a way out ,but fingers crossed. thankyou for everybody's help .

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:00 am
I'm glad you managed to open the account with the Co-op. I have been really happy with them, and having the Visa Electron card and internet banking is great!

Good luck with the IVA x

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present - a gift to make the most of.

wen

Post by wen » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:32 am
The co-op are linked to Smile Banking (Pink & Online), so as long as you don't owe them anything you're fine!
Please visit my blog http://adam.blogs.iva.co.uk/

ray_a

Post by ray_a » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:17 pm
You can also get a cash plus Master card as well which helps with internet and travelling expenditure.

Worth a look and there is an initial fee of £9.95 and a monthly charge of £4.95 but worth it!

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:28 pm
If you don't use the Cashplus card very often you can ask them to change the terms so that you pay £1 per transaction instead of £4.95 a month.

Skipper

Post by Skipper » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:27 am
Get the prepaid Breadcard form Bread.It was free to many till recently. It is a Maestro card and probably the only debit card you need in the UK and W Europe.

"Always think outside the box"
Last edited by Skipper on Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Always think outside the box"

ray_a

Post by ray_a » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:09 pm
A fair point Skippy on the charges and worth pointing that out!

Many thanks

depressed

Post by depressed » Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:07 pm
thanks very much for all the advice ,at least thats one step further to setting up my iva . i'm going through mccambridge duffy has anybody had any dealings with them ? they seem great so far .

marsha1

Post by marsha1 » Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:00 pm
I opened an account with the co op bank before my iva was approved I have a current account with internet banking and a debit card, no overdraft of course. I also opened a savings account with the co op so I can put my contingency money etc,. into that.

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:10 pm
In my experience McCambridge Duffy are extremely professional are put together a brilliant IVA for me [:)]

Who are you dealing with?

Debbie

www.familyceremonies.co.uk

www.soulgrowth.co.uk
Debbie
12 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “new postings for December”