Signatory on Bank Account

37 posts Page 2 of 3

welshwiz

Post by welshwiz » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:10 pm
I agree about seeking the advice, I too was told this would not affect my employment have a feeling I am going to be in a similar situation when Barclays change the internet banking system. If I had know this I would never have entered into the IVA

lscott1009

Post by lscott1009 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:26 pm
Another update! I have received a call from the Financial Ombudsman who have confirmed that it is not uncommon for someone with an IVA to be removed as a signatory from ALL accounts, including business accounts that do not belong to you. In the banks eyes you are viewed as a potential risk. The FO have advised that my complaint now lies with McCambridge Duffy as they misadvised me when I asked if this would cause me problems in my job. I hope that helps you all. I now have to change my career as I am no longer fit for purpose and will be taking McCambridge Duffy down with me! Joking aside, so unhappy right now and feeling totally useless. My dad killed himself because of debt. I thought I was doing the best thing in doing an IVA, turns out I was wrong. Good luck to the rest of you.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:43 pm
So sorry to hear this but please speak to Michael and hopefully he can help you out.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:21 pm
Hi, I'm hoping Michael will contact you to discuss this further.

If you ever need a chat we're here, remember you're not alone.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

welshwiz

Post by welshwiz » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:24 pm
Hopefully Michael will help you, its wrong that you are penalised for trying to sort out your life. Would not be at all surprised to see miss selling of IVA refunded very soon

lscott1009

Post by lscott1009 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:55 am
It would appear that this has happened before to A.N.Other with Lloyds. Mr Peoples, you replied to a post on 27 October 2009 from someone who had the same problem as me, although their IVA was completed. This does somewhat contradict what you said in response to this thread that in your 16 years you have never heard of this happening before as it clearly has.

relieved33

Post by relieved33 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:39 pm
To be fair, a reply to a post from 6 years ago could have slipped his mind. I cannot remember what I posted 6 days ago! Please don't think I am being flippant, I genuinely don't think he would lie on the forum. I really sympathise with you and think you are in an awful position. !

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:03 pm
I think we should let Michael reply to this either on or off forum as he chooses.

Like relieved says, 6 years is a long time and the amount of advice he gives, I'm sure he won't remember every post.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 8:27 am
I quite agree. He certainly wouldn't have had time to trawl through every post that he made and a lot of time has passed.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

welshwiz

Post by welshwiz » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:06 pm
I agree about Michael not remembering a post from 6 years ago but surely any IP should have this information ready to advise potential customers, this affects peoples livelihoods I too will probably have to give up my employment if Barclays insist on removing me from company account as will not be able to carry out my job to full capacity.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:40 pm
I'm not sure Michael is an IP...is he?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:35 am
No, he's a manager at the self employed team at MD.
Last edited by kallis3 on Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bob Marley.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:20 am
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by welshwiz

I agree about Michael not remembering a post from 6 years ago but surely any IP should have this information ready to advise potential customers, this affects peoples livelihoods I too will probably have to give up my employment if Barclays insist on removing me from company account as will not be able to carry out my job to full capacity.
The problem here is that no-one can have this sort of information readily to hand as it all depends upon the individual banks own internal policies. These policies are not usually in the public domain (until you get hit by one) and also change from time to time. It would be all but impossible to keep track of "who is doing what" at any given time.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:25 am
Exactly - and things change over time.
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:11 pm
and maybe the terms and conditions of the card change over time too. Unfortunately, not a lot stays the same these days as we move with the times.
37 posts Page 2 of 3
Return to “friends corner”