sleep

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
25 posts Page 1 of 2

ditzydoodle

Post by ditzydoodle » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:57 am
Will i ever sleep again ? going over and over and over and over my figures, trying to work out how i can manage on what will be my new budget assuming i get my iva approved.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:22 am
I promise that once your IVA is accepted you will sleep..the weight is lifted and you do settle down.

Getting used to living on a budget takes a couple of months but it so rewarding at the end of the first month when you see money still in the account albeit a few pounds or even pence.

Set yourself small goal each month and focus...feel free to post on here anytime..lots of budget tips on different threads for you to read.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:30 am
You certainly will sleep again ditzy - we can all equate to those feelings before the IVA is approved.

Once it is there is such a feeling of relief!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

KAYKAY

Post by KAYKAY » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:31 am
The secret now is to start living by your projected budget. If you have now got to the stage of signing your proposal, your budget should have been gone through thoroughly. I presume you are no longer paying your creditors, so squirrel away the money you would have paid them to build up your contingency fund. Abide by the budget from hereonin, so that when your proposal is accepted, you know what you are doing and it won't come as such a shock. In a strange way, you get a satisfaction/buzz out of seeing how much you can save when walking round the supermarket, and this eventually becomes the norm. Good luck on your journey.
IVA Completed August 2011

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:02 am
Living to a budget where no credit is available can be a difficult task at 1st but you do eventually get used to it,but only if its workable to start with.

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

vimto1029

Post by vimto1029 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:31 am
Ditzy I know how you feel..i've got my creditors meeting next week and to be honest, since i've known its all hapening I feel like such a weight has been lifted off my shoulders! Yes I know its going to be hard but I feel so much better knowing in just over 5 years I will be debt freeeeeeeeeeee! Keep smiling, it does get easier! :-)
When you make a mistake, don't look back at it long...the past cannot be changed. It is the present and future that counts

olympic_torch

Post by olympic_torch » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:07 am
As long as your ins and outs are realistic you will be fine.
To see 'CR' against your figures on a bank statement will give you a warm glow.
Aucto Splendore Resurgo.
IVA accepted May 2007.
Extended by 12 months in lieu of equity March 2012.
F+F offer accepted May 2012.
C of C received August 2012.
IVA dropped off credit file 24th May 2013.

Tina Shortland

Post by Tina Shortland » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:33 am
Hi Ditzydoodle - hopefully you were completely involved in setting your new budget and did not have figures placed on - as the others say if it is realistic and takes everything into account you should be fine as long as you find a practical way to make it work for you - labelled jars, multpile bank accounts, spreadheets etc. It can seem more daunting if you were doing lots of RPTPP but you will get there and the posters on here have some great tips to help.
Regards, Tina Shortland, Debt Advisory Manager for Melanie Giles at Debt Advice TV.

If you’re looking for effective debt related information, articles and news, then go now to our on-line advice service at www.debtadvicetv.com

If you’re ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.call-me.debtadvicetv.com so you can start to free yourself from the stress and anxiety of overwhelming debt.

clarelm99

Post by clarelm99 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:49 pm
It is sooo hard going at first however I feel each month I manage to cope with my budget is so rewarding.
Iis only now I realise how much I use to waste each month and how easy it was to "stick it" on the C/C!!!
Saying no was not an option hence why I ended up in the mess I did.
I now feel in control of my finances as I am sure you will.

Clare
X

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:52 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by Tina S

Hi Ditzydoodle - hopefully you were completely involved in setting your new budget and did not have figures placed on - as the others say if it is realistic and takes everything into account you should be fine as long as you find a practical way to make it work for you - labelled jars, multpile bank accounts, spreadheets etc. It can seem more daunting if you were doing lots of RPTPP but you will get there and the posters on here have some great tips to help.
That phrase should be banned as I never got a single penny!!![;)]

Paul

ditzydoodle

Post by ditzydoodle » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:53 pm
thanks to everyone, your support and encouragement is the biggest help of all !! If im honest it cant get any worse so can only get better from now on !!
x

olympic_torch

Post by olympic_torch » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:57 pm
Once you step off the debt merry go round, its surprising how you adjust.
I guess we have been lucky that nothing major has gone bang, we have had to replace certain things, tumble drier, shower etc, but we have managed.
Aucto Splendore Resurgo.
IVA accepted May 2007.
Extended by 12 months in lieu of equity March 2012.
F+F offer accepted May 2012.
C of C received August 2012.
IVA dropped off credit file 24th May 2013.

ditzydoodle

Post by ditzydoodle » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:03 pm
thanks mr torch.......im really rather worried all of a sudden cos ive just read a post that said barclays said no to their iva and they were one of their minor creditors.....they are my main creditor !! and other also posted and said they said no to them as well........crikey !!!

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:07 pm
font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:<hr height="1" noshade>Originally posted by ditzydoodle

thanks mr torch.......im really rather worried all of a sudden cos ive just read a post that said barclays said no to their iva and they were one of their minor creditors.....they are my main creditor !! and other also posted and said they said no to them as well........crikey !!!
Ditzy seriously,do not be concerned about how voting has gone on another IVA. If the best offer is on the table it WILL be accepted. Its all commercial decisions and trying to fathom it all out really isnt worth it,just let your IVA firm do their job and I am positive you will be fine.

Paul

ditzydoodle

Post by ditzydoodle » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:10 pm
ok paul, you are right......just shout at me from time to time and stop me being a nervous wreck please
25 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”