Slipping back ....

11 posts Page 1 of 1

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Wed Nov 13, 2013 5:31 am
Ok ... Three years gone since last IVA payment ..... This month overdraft used for first time and credit card of hubby's used ..... Reasons for use ...simply a little over indulgence when away for a weekend, followed by a DIY project.
Can feel myself all knotted up .... Have sat down worked out how much in total and a plan fot Friday this week when hubby gets paid ! Want to clear the lot but physically impossible until I get paid at the end of November .... Need to go without this month so opportunity to clear the freezer and cupboards ...odd meals here we come !
Bought back so many memories of our IVA days ..... I don't like it and am certainly not doing it again !
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:31 am
I know how you feel hun. We have struggled for the last 2 months and that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach has stopped me reaching for the Vanquis card.

Maybe this shows we are more vigilant now and more prone to deal with this rather than stick our heads in the sand.
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:36 am
Since the "end" of my IVA -- well, payments, I have been able to make some small savings (partly due to lower utility bills, being one adult less)--- still living as though in the IVA proper --- and cannot bring myself to spend any of the savings !!!
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:20 pm
We have savings that I can't access ... So have to manage ...we are only talking about 500 .... But £500 is enough to scare me rigid these days !

welshwiz

Post by welshwiz » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:48 pm
Hi luluj

I am convinced that life after IVA will be debt free, we received a pre approved application form for Vanquis card yesterday and put it straight in the bin, how they can offer this when we have an IVA with 42 months to go I don't know, what I am sure about is what we can not afford we will not have!Good luck with gettig back on track

Hair_bobbles

Post by Hair_bobbles » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:01 pm
Hi luluj,, I'm doing that- putting money into savings that we can't get to !! I've decided not to leave a safety net in the bank- my reasoning is that it'll get spent!

£500 is manageable & after some "frugal" savings over the next few weeks,, you'll soon be back to where you were!
IVA COMPLETED & CLEAN CREDIT FILE.

An old bible proverb says this: the rich one rules the poor, and the borrower is a slave to the lender.

How true are those words of wisdom.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:10 pm
Ebay selling on track ....£128 for clothes that are too big due to 3.5 stone weight loss !

Hair_bobbles

Post by Hair_bobbles » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:32 pm
JEALOUS!! I need to shift some weight,,,but need to get my dieting mojo on !

Good old ebay!!

An old bible proverb says this: the rich one rules the poor, and the borrower is a slave to the lender.

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:43 pm
Twelve months of being focused and attending weight watchers .... No going back ! Still want to loose another 4stone before i am happy!

Hair_bobbles

Post by Hair_bobbles » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:37 pm
I've done ww on & off for 19 years!! It does work but I find i need to exercise to maintain as soon as I stop exercising & eating things I shouldn't it starts to pile back on - I rejoined last week,,nothing fits!! Have 2stone to lose to get to my "comfy weight" ( i'm hoping to lose a stone before " frugal friends" gathering or I'll be turning up in a pair of jogging bottoms!!! I like my dresses! & I want to squeeze into a couple for the weekend away!! - I booked Friday night aswell - luxury!!

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:52 pm
You can do it .... It is so close to Windsor .l.you must go and visit.

11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “friends corner”