Slow Cookers

72 posts Page 2 of 5

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:41 pm
I leave my hubby to do the slow cooking![:D]
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:55 pm
I think I'm going to invest in one very soon, might need a bit of help though x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Struzzo39

Post by Struzzo39 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:28 pm
Any of you lot work in sales??? lol you've got us sold. We've been tempted with one for a while , might have to start putting the pennies away
Steven & Debbie

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:36 pm
No sales here![:D]

Cooking is left to hubby - and I don't care how long it takes as he's at home all day1
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Struzzo39

Post by Struzzo39 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:22 am
Yeah were both lucky.!! Even though we both work full time, hubby does all the cooking and helps with household chores. He's a dream
Steven & Debbie

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:54 am
Mine cooks and does most of the cleaning. I do the washing and ironing and things like changing the bed clothes.

Wouldn't swap him for anything!
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:10 am
I would swap my husband for some things at times for sure and I'm certain it's vice versa!

He does everything I can do apart from make a Sunday Roast and to be honest I humour him with that one as I'm sure it's only because he hasn't tried.

He hoovers, cleans and cooks, you'd think perfect but sadly not. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:19 am
My cooking skills are sadly lacking now! I can't remember the last time I cooked a meal. A few years ago when he was in hospital it was either microwave or the local pub for me and daughter!

He does a mean Sunday roast - ask my mum! His mashed potatoes are to die for according to the daughter!

His cleaning is fine but I wouldn't let him near the iron unless I was ill as he doesn't do it the way I like it!
Bob Marley.

carole2662

Post by carole2662 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:20 am
Hubby cooks most nights with me doing the clearing up. He also helps around the house with the exeption of the bathroom. I do the washing and the ironing but he keeps the washing machine going as it is getting old now and needs some TLC.He does all the gardening and keeps the cars going and clean.Must admit to wanting to swap him in the evening when he is snoring his head off on the sofa while I am trying to watch tv.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:25 am
Mine does the garden as well as I will confess to just sitting there with a drink and admiring his handiwork!

He cleans the car as well!

Mine doesn't nap in the evening, he watches the same programmes I do!
Bob Marley.

Pandy

Post by Pandy » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:22 pm
Struzzo39 wrote:

Any of you lot work in sales??? lol you've got us sold. We've been tempted with one for a while , might have to start putting the pennies away
Anytime you want any recipes just email me with your main ingredient and I will look through my recipe books.
I would advise anyone to get one , it uses less electricity that a lightbulb (not a low energy bulb but the old normal ones [:D])
I did by a socket timer though as if you want to eat it at lunchtime you need to put it on very early most recipes takes 6+ hours, we just make it up the evening before then put it on with the timer set to turn it on at 5 am , its a wonderful smell to wake up to. [:D]
If life is what you make it, I must have been in a strange mood when I made mine

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:30 pm
Mine hubby is always busy in the evening, making something or other, he does watch TV sometimes but mostly he's pottering, the painting of the outside has been postponed as the roof is leaking...he's going up the ladder to fix that if it is nice.

Goosed

Post by Goosed » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:38 am
Used my new slow cooker for the first time on Wednesday. I made a pork vindaloo...It was fantastic, much nicer than when I make it on the hob. Found a lamb shank recipe on the net, I`m gonna make that on Sunday. Eric, my Chocolate lab, will be happy...I couldn`t give him any of the curry, but he`ll get the shank bones (and probably some lamb too).
"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea".

Eric Cantona

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:41 am
I never give my dogs bones - they do get the remains of Sunday lunch though!
Bob Marley.

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:10 pm
I think Im going to have to invest in a slow cooker for this winter as I do alot of casseroles!
And this thread makes it seem like it would be worth having one!
Hubby works that many unsociable long & hours I end up doing everything - though he does 99% of the garden as he loves pottering n messing about!
Final IVA payment made in April 2013, never ever thought we could do it or get through it but we did! X

An IVA.co.uk Mentor is someone sharing from their experiences of dealing with debt

Lyns x
72 posts Page 2 of 5
Return to “money saving tips”