so much to think and worry about

4 posts Page 1 of 1

dorset70

Post by dorset70 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:34 pm
Hi everyone

Received confirmation letter today from dfd following telephone meeting on monday that they are drafting my proposal for creditors and should receive that in next two weeks follwoing that about three weeks from when creditors receive proposal creditors meeting to be held. Emotions are going from one minute of feeling positive to negative again, never felt like this and so want it all to be over so I can try and live a "normal" life again!!

Salary due to go into new bank account on Friday and hoping it all goes smoothly as then have to contact natwest to let them know am proposing iva and that's the telephone call I am dreading, eg loan payment, overdraft and credit card with them.

Will be making token payments of proposed amount of 207 for July as advised from dfd spread between my creditors and although clear from dfd to make token payments keep getting conflicting information on how to deal with creditors so may have to make another call to dfd, one said don't tell them you are doing an iva just that you have debt problems and are seekng professional advice, person I spoke to today said to say you are considering an iva but do not contact the creditors, wait for them to contact you as they will once you have not paid your full minimum payment etc Am clear on contacting natwest as that seems straightforward. Contacted rbs yesterday and they were very nice (may not last) she even gave me a number for consumer credit and suggested I call them to help sort my problem, promised I would keep in touch with them and they are sending me out a financial statement which they would like me to fill out, guess I need to ask DFD sbout what to do with that?

I guess everyone on here feels the same, so much to think about and do, my mobile had 8 missed calls on it yesterday with no message left and when I tried to call number to find out who it was, could not connect to the number, it called agan last night, turns out it was a company I had previously talked to about an iva trying to get in touch!!! Not even a creditor.

No phone calls today but guess lookig for advice really as clear on token payments to make but whether to contact creditors by telehone or letter or just make token payments through my new bank account and wait for creditors to call me? Sorry about length of this posting and any advice greatly appreciated. Hope as weeks go on I may become more used to everything and be able to offer my opinion on this website instead of seeking it which is all I seem to be doing at moment with my 1001 questions!!

Adrian Ratcliffe

Post by Adrian Ratcliffe » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:56 pm
Hi dorset70,
What is normal anyway?
Stay positive.
You can contact creditors if you wish, I didn't let them deal with it.
Regards
Adrian

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:33 am
Hi again
I can only give you advice from my own situation regarding creditors before I set up my own IVA.
You are clear on the token payments,so just send these off with a covering letter stating that you are taking professional advice and will shortly be proposing an IVA via DFD.
Nothing that you do will stop the calls and letters but just be strong and answer all calls and just repeat the contents of your letter,i;e you are taking prof etc etc.You may be told by the creditor that phones that they do not accept IVAs or it will not be accepted but take no notice.Just say your bit and tell them that you are ending the conversation.
DFD work fast and it should only be a few weeks of grief before you are on your way to a debt free and stress free life.
Regards

Andy Davie
IVA.co.uk Spokesperson

About me:
http://www.iva.co.uk/andy_davie_profile.asp

IVA Helpline: 0800 197 4838
http://www.iva.co.uk/iva_helpline.asp
Andam Davies

dorset70

Post by dorset70 » Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:48 pm
Many thanks for your advice Andy, much appreciated. DFD do seem to be moving things on for me which is really good to see.

Thanks again.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “IVA postbag for june”