split up from husband..

42 posts Page 3 of 3

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:23 am
That's great no money eva, maybe he really wanted to make that effort. Hubby wouldn't go with me! What a fab film, we sang and danced at the end![:o)]. I hope things work out for you. X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:23 pm
I'm glad you had a good time NME. We don't go to the cinema - I tried to get Dave to go and see Indiana Jones with me, but he wasn't keen so we didn't go, and the same with the X Files.

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:47 pm
You didn't miss much with the Indiana Jones film Skippy, I thought it was rubbish. I haven't seen the x-files yet as it hasn't come on the cinemas near me. I remember the last x-files movie, nobody would come with me so I went on my own! It is my all time favourite program and luckily, hubby loves it too. X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

freelili

Post by freelili » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:00 pm
So glad things are looking up for you NME. I have been thinking of you must have missed this.
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:26 pm
Sometimes a break can help people to see a bit more clearly ... and hopefully your husband will begin to see the light and what he's missing. Good luck ... and many more nights out at the pics! Sometimes you have the need to be courted again don't you [:)]

Debbie
Debbie

debtmountain

Post by debtmountain » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:00 pm
Hi no money eva,

Glad you had an Evening out with Hubby and enjoyed the Film. Hope things work out for you NME[:)]

xx
IVA accepted 13/11/2008..17 payments down,55 to go..

no money eva

Post by no money eva » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:05 pm
Thanks everyone - we are both thinking along the lines of living separately but getting back together if you know what I mean, cause we are both afraid of it falling apart again if he were to move back in - does this seem strange? We get on great apart and talk on the phone every day - we hardly exchanged two words when we lived together lol.x

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:16 pm
Sounds as though you could be on the right lines.

Have you thought of going to Relate at all? They might be able to help you.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

debtmountain

Post by debtmountain » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:57 pm
Hi NME,

No, it isn't strange if it's what you both want. By just taking one step at a time and not rushing things, in time you may decide to move back in together. But the main thing at the moment is that you are both happy with this arrangement and that's got to be good for you both and your kids.[:)]

xx
IVA accepted 13/11/2008..17 payments down,55 to go..

greedfighter

Post by greedfighter » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:42 am
I am sorry that you are having to cope under difficult circumstances. If you are thinking about moving back in together at any point in the future but still want to be 'seperated' but not 'divorced' can I suggest that you speak to a professional about this arrangement such as a solicitor etc.

You may be able to draw up a legal notice of seperation which can then open up a whole range of financial advantages, benefits, taxes, child tax credits etc that you may be able to claim.

Even if you are not moving back together this may be worth having if you are not contemplating getting divorced at the present time.

Effectively such a notice confirms that even though your living arrangements havent 'really' changed you are not 'living as man and wife' or 'cohabiting partners' and you should then still be eligible and it will make it easier to claim for all those benefits a single parent is entitled to - you will also be a complete single entity for all the other financial advantages.

Assuming you havent thought of this already.

Meanwhile i hope everything goes well for you as you would wish it to.

I dont know wether you would be better off financially or not or how this would affect your bankruptcy but Im sure someone on here will advise.
Last edited by greedfighter on Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

look_divine

Post by look_divine » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:32 am
me and hubby are seperating can i claim tax credits or do i have to wait till i leave the house?

greedfighter

Post by greedfighter » Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:57 pm
If you are already making a joint claim you need to notify the tax credits office to make a single claim.

You can do this if you have split up from your partner and you're separated under a court order or have
decided to split up and this is going to to be permanent.

It does not matter whether youre still living together or not as long as you can satisfy the tax credits people (or for any other benefit for that matter housing benefit etc) that you are no longer a couple and are not 'living as man and wife'.

All benefit payments can be witheld if in their opinion it is considered that you have taken this step solely for the purpose of raising an entitlement to claim.

A proper notice of seperation makes this much easier for all circumstances Im not sure but I think it can only be drawn up by a Solicitor..
Last edited by greedfighter on Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
42 posts Page 3 of 3
Return to “we salute the special people managing disability”