start the journey

12 posts Page 1 of 1

ruby

Post by ruby » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:26 pm
I am sure there are a lot of people on this forum that dont post, but they are here to read other peoples stories, to find advice and to just realise there are a fair amount of people in the same situation. I was one of those. I joined in 2007, I didnt post, I just came and read and then I eventually took the plunge and began the iva journey. It is a big decision, but if you're here reading the forum then you have a debt problem. Deal with it sooner. Dont delay, it wont get better. Now, I am one payment from the end of my 5 years, (2 days before i'm 40). In 25 days time I will be debt free and a fair few quid better off each month. What a sense of achievement to begin the next chapter of my life. So, please, make a call. Sort it out. Making that first call was one of the best things i'd done in my life. You will sleep better, you will have a focus and a light at the end of the tunnel, it might be a small one to start with but month after month, year after year, that light grows. Trust me, can you beleive it's July already....well that's how quick the time goes. It really does fly by. Thank you to everyone that posted in 2007 and unknowingly helped me. Good luck to all those starting out. AND make that call to all those reading this and wondering what to do!!

kazzafunk

Post by kazzafunk » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:30 pm
What a lovely encouraging post Ruby.

It is a lovely feeling to be at the end of the IVA and to know that from now on every penny you earn is yours and not to line bankers pockets!

Good luck and try and stick around - it's stories like yours and mine that will encourage others to take the first step.

Without entering the IVA we would not have been in a position now to offer our niece a home and to support her in 6th form and I am so pleased that I can now offer this assistance.
Kazza

Please visit my blog:
http://kazzafunk.blogs.iva.co.uk/

IVA completed 21/03/2012

KM1512

Post by KM1512 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:05 pm
Thank you to both of you hopefully your support will help get over the next year

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:24 pm
That is a great post - and thank you for taking the time to write it Ruby as others will find inspiration from your wise words. Glad tbe forum has been able to help and support you silently over the last five years.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:06 pm
A great post that will no doubt help others. Thank you for taking the time to write it and all the best for your debt free future. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:06 pm
For you life really will begin at 40 x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

terry d

Post by terry d » Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:46 pm
great post,well wrote i wish you luck in the future
never cment on me speling its rubbish and i didnt go to schola lot okk

made bankrupt 1st august 2012 at 10.00am
now disharged so bankrupt no more thank god im free of debt now

dipsy

Post by dipsy » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:24 pm
Thanks for the post Ruby. It really is encouraging to those of us in new IVA's to hear the positives from others who have been through it. And yes, to those of you reading and unsure of what you should do - make the call! I for one am grateful for all the forum members because each and every one of you have helped me in one way or another (mostly without knowing it) whether it be with advice or encouragement. THANK YOU ALL!!!
Take what life throws at you and hold your head up high. You're only human after all!!!

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:51 am
An inspirational post ...........well done and have a great birthday !
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Niobe

Post by Niobe » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:18 pm
Congratulations on reaching the end and have a wonderful debt free birthday!!

Hope the weather is better!!

libertyfund

Post by libertyfund » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:53 pm
Terrific post, hopefully you are right and it will encourage others who may be teetering on the edge of making a decision about their future. Personally i found this site after making a decision that was pretty easy for me in honesty. But everyone is different and we have to remember there will be folks out there that have the debt and their partners or families that are unaware so it is a huge thing for them. I hope the post helps them a lot.

Struzzo39

Post by Struzzo39 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:55 pm
What a fab post xx Good luck in your next chapter x
Steven & Debbie
12 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “IVA approved!”