Still no further forward with receiving CC from DFD since last posting, copied below.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
63 posts Page 2 of 5

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:14 am
I would sadly have to agree with the last two posts - but will say that IPs do not want to keep open IVAs for the sake of it.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

newdidit

Post by newdidit » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:42 am
Ok, so the next chapter of my saga is such:

I called DFD this morning to ask what the situation was at this time with the completion of my IVA. I was informed that they were still awaiting confirmation from Equity in Finance that all my PPi's were completed. I explained that to the best of my knowledge the final PPi had been finalised and that I had a letter from EinF to state that DFD had received a cash payment. This letter from E in F was dated 20th May 2014. It was then suggested that I contact E in F and then they said that they would also. So I called E in F and to cut a long story short all my PPis are now settled but E in F cannot send confirmation to DFD until they have paid E in F bill for their work. Oh my god what on earth is going on here.....a query is to be sent to the PPi invoice team to get payment sent.....I am now lost all patience and intend to forward a complaint about this process because I am sorry but all this about PPi claims taking so long etc etc surely some where there is a best practice guide for IVA companies to work too and basically I am just so p****d off with it all now.

newdidit

Post by newdidit » Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:44 am
Also there was a hint ( or am I just being over sensitive now) that as I did not agree to sign my deed of assignment that it was my fault it was taking so long !!!

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:15 am
It surely cannot take your IP long to sort out a simple payment to the claims management company? Chase this along as the end must surely be very firmly in sight for you now, newidit.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

newdidit

Post by newdidit » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:32 pm
Just to keep any one who is interested updated:
I received an email and then a telelphone call from the very nice Matthew at DFD. He apologised and admitted that there was no excuses or reasons that he could give as to why this invoice to E in F had not been paid as he had passed it to that dept back in April so he was sorry. I explained that it was not his fault and he said that he apologised on behalf of the company ( maybe so but it does not stop me feeling very angry with DFD) Anyway he is ringing me back this afternoon when (fingers crossed) the bill has been paid and he has contacted E in F to ensure they have received payment and ask for my confirmation of PPi completion and then he will inform completions team at DFD and I should receive my C of C very soon. I cannot begin to even tell you how much better I feel so close now
Last edited by newdidit on Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Jul 04, 2014 12:56 pm
Fingers firmly crossed -- let us know what transpires, please.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Jul 04, 2014 1:59 pm
I am glad DFD are able to help and I am sure Matthew will ring you back [otherwise he would not have given his name]. Mistakes do happen but it is how they are dealt with that shows customer service and it does seem to be moving along.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

welshwiz

Post by welshwiz » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:22 pm
Everything crossed for you keep us posted on the CC

TzeKin

Post by TzeKin » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:24 pm
DFd seem to experience every anomaly causing CC issuance delays.

With me, it was that the statements with the debt figures that accompanied the CC certificate didn't tally with what the true figures were?That created nearly 3 weeks of delay to square up.

Sounds like a psi paranormal activity or how could you explain it.Surely it cannot be incompetence?

newdidit

Post by newdidit » Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:33 pm
Well, sorry to burst your bubble people but it is now 7.35pm and no phone call have had my mobile at my side all day and no missed calls or messages on house phone oh dear

Pandy

Post by Pandy » Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:29 pm
newdidit,
I have been following this thread each day hoping to read that it was all sorted.
This has gone on long enough now, I think you need to make an official complaint listing all the failings, if you have already done this go further to the ombudsman or your MP.
If life is what you make it, I must have been in a strange mood when I made mine

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:27 pm
I've just picked up on this again and re-read it, this really isn't good enough.

I sincerely hope you hear something on Monday and if not maybe shout a bit louder and do start down the official complaints route, maybe that'll hurry them along.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

TzeKin

Post by TzeKin » Sat Jul 05, 2014 10:19 pm
If you complaint to dfd, they will have to instigate an investigation on your complaint.The complaints team will then do a report whilst the completion team sorts out the delay on your certificate.You then have a leverage on them.
Tell Matthews you are instigating a complaint by email.Do a strongly worded email.

Trust me your CC will fly through the mailbox next to no time! DFD will have difficulty justifying repeat episode of CC release delays with so many people and would rather find an easy way out-giving your CC with no more delays.

wiggle1

Post by wiggle1 » Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:03 pm
I have also been following this thread and can't believe that they still haven't taken action. As the others say - Complaint route.
Life after IVA is wonderful.

newdidit

Post by newdidit » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:36 pm
Next chapter:
No call received from DFD as expected on Friday so I called today, apparently they could not get through to me so sent me an email which I never received either. Payment has been sent to E in F and as soon as DFD receive confirmation from E in F it will be sent to completions and a copy to myself.....hang on a minute is this not what I was told on Friday? Yes it was so why are we still on the same page with no further progress.....because it can take a day or so and no one not DFD or E in F can give me a firm answer of yes or no to the money being sent or being received....frustrating or what. So telephone call made to E in F from their information unable to confirm a payment at this time from my records but they will contact accounts and ring me back today in the next couple of hours. Ok then. Oh look an e mail just come through from DFD....sorry didn't send email Friday it was still in my drafts but apparently payment sent to E in F on Friday but no mention as to how ? bACS ? Post ? Pigeon, sorry but you have to question after all this time. Hopefully confirmation will be received and certificate to be forwarded say end of next week to give them time make sure there are no amendments !!! Think I will go to my bed and await outcome because I have now lost the will to live. Letter of complaint has been drafted. I wonder if the time will come when debt management companies will be explored in the same way as miss old ppi's and who ever knew the extortionate fees that get taken ??.
63 posts Page 2 of 5
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”