Still no further forward with receiving CC from DFD since last posting, copied below.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
63 posts Page 3 of 5

newdidit

Post by newdidit » Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:31 pm
I apologise if this is now getting boring.....but I would greatly appreciate any feedback from this post.
I have telephoned E in F today ( I did not receive a call back however the customer representative informs me that he did ring and had no response)
Still no confirmation of DFD making a payment despite the fact that I have an email from DFD stating payment was sent on Friday. So again it was going to be looked into to and a call back to me. By 4.50pm today no call back so rather than wait til tomorrow I called before they closed to be told " E in F are in discussion with DFD about my account and someone will call me tomorrow to discuss this".
To be honest this is all making me quite ill now, to anyone who does not have an IVA I do not think they would understand how I feel I have been sick I have cried I have no one to complain to other than DFD which I have drafted I even rang the helpline on this page and bless the poor girl I poured it all out to before she told me she was only there to advise if an IVA was right for me, she wished me luck so whoever you are thank you

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:13 pm
So sorry to hear of this continuing saga newdidit.

You are right -- anyone who has not been in an IVA cannot appreciate the turmoil that these upsets (not a sufficient word, but the one that springs to mind right now) cause. Many IP's (and some of their staff) do not appreciate the psychological impact of an IVA. Fortunately we have a few expert posters on forum who do empathise as well as they are able and, in doing so, offer tremendous support to us all, clients and non-clients alike.

Maybe we should coin the condition of PIVASS -- Post IVA Stress Syndrome ! I feel it does exist.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

newdidit

Post by newdidit » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:42 pm
Thank you Foggy you lightened the mood for me and think i have acute onset of PIVASS

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:58 pm
I apologise -- but I HAVE to say it before someone else does ..........

A cute PIVASS ????
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

welshwiz

Post by welshwiz » Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:55 pm
It's not getting into boring at all. That's the great thing about the forum there is always somebody to listen to you. The idea of an iva is to help people. The stress you must be going through is beyond belief. These companies make a lot of money on the backs of people in iva and as foggy has already said there are a few who understand and look out for the best interest of their clients these are in the minority. Hope you get this sorted tomorrow. Good luck and keep us posted.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:45 pm
Personally, I would formally give both firms 7 days to sort this out (in writing) following which you will lodge a complaint with the IP directly, perhaps then followed by the Ministry of Justice with regard to the claims management company.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

newdidit

Post by newdidit » Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:18 pm
Thank you for your advice Melanie I have actually drafted a letter of complaint to comply with DFD complaints procedure.
I am still having difficulty from both sides to determine if payment has been made one says it has the other say they have not received and both say it can take up to 4 days to clear and sometimes theIP withdraws it ? Why I do not know....so at the minute E in F say , I think it was them and not DFD, that payment will be clear on Friday, excellent news if it's correct. So I asked how quickly would they issue DFD an acknowledgement that all myPPis were satisfied she said oh I don't know that's a different departments lol laugh I nearly cried

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:41 am
It is not up to you to chase both firms individually, but their responsibility to get this sorted. This would not happen in a smaller firm, where the IP takes full responsibility for all aspects of their client's case - and if we can offer good client service then the big boys need to step up.

Bad publicity is not good for our profession as a whole - but unfair to those of us who are trying our best to do the right thing.

TzeKin

Post by TzeKin » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:38 am
You must sent that complaints letter now!By email.
Do not get involved in sorting out their mess.
It is their problem. I wouldn't even want to hear their excuses.

Then the complaints procedure will start!Let their complaints team interrogate the completion team.
Sit back for a report.I am sure they will love that.That is what it is going to take.

They will either have to accept failure in this occasion or challenge it and blame someone else.
Last edited by TzeKin on Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

newdidit

Post by newdidit » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:53 pm
Letter of complaint posted 1st class today to DFD complaints and also emailed DFD customer services with request to forward email onto my IP as I cannot find his email.I have not rung either firm today as it just gets me upset shall I ring Monday ??? they did say funds will have been paid to cover the invoice and query when they acknowledge my completion of PPi's to DFD. The next thing is going to be how long from DFD receiving that acknowledgment to actually completing. Is there any guidelines as too how long or rather in what time scale that should be completed. Everything I look at is so full of jargon. Thank you

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:12 am
Is anyone from DFD still posting on the forum to try and assist clients with complaints? Andy - are you able to try and get someone to look at this for newdidit - I am sure they would rather that than have to deal with a formal complaint?

TzeKin

Post by TzeKin » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:14 pm
As I have done this with aplomb and with results, I can tell you....Matthew from dfd will email back as he did with me.
You really don't need to post the complaint.The email will be fine.(You don't need the details the IP.
The supervisor is authorised act and to even sign off even closure certificate.)

I would have despatched the complaint earlier but you have done it now.

Sit back and don't ring or email further.

Dfd will be forced to get the cc out.They wouldn't want to investigate.
Last edited by TzeKin on Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

newdidit

Post by newdidit » Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:59 pm
Tzekin I will adopt your confidence thank you

urbanfox

Post by urbanfox » Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:16 pm
I love TzeKins optimism yet if nobody complains then nothing will change - it sounds like you have been messed around enough to warrant a complaint. Good luck and i hope you get it sorted - actually i hope the IP gets it sorted for you very quickly!
IVA started Jan 2012
Last payment made June 2014 @100p
Completion certificate received Sept 2014

wiggle1

Post by wiggle1 » Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:58 pm
Haven't visited the forum for a few days but wanted to see if everything had been sorted out for you, newdidit. Can't believe that you still haven't concluded. I hope it's sorted very soon. Keep us updated.
Life after IVA is wonderful.
63 posts Page 3 of 5
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”