Stopped smoking

183 posts Page 5 of 13

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:33 pm
Sounds good!

That's my plan if we ever make it to Florida! I want somewhere nice if it's my honeymoon...

And no, he hasn't proposed!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:39 pm
Never mind! You'll get there one day!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:15 pm
I'm with Jan the hotter the better so long as I've got a pool, I even like the beach don't mind sand and love a nice dip in the sea. November...Gran Canaria shouldn't be too bad but if I had the money I'd be off in August! x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:22 pm
You and me both Lesley! I love the sand and the sea (as long as the latter is warm!)

Gran Canaria should be lovely in November.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun Aug 15, 2010 5:48 pm
I'm not too fussed on the beach when on holidays - prefer to lounge about by the pool reading. I love Gran Canaria Lesley, you'll have a fab time.[8D]

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:12 pm
It depends on the beach and the sea for me. I love warm sea and nice white sugar sand.
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:17 pm
I've been to Gran Canaria 3 times but it's the first time he's found the lake to go fishing and the blokes been there since 2001! I don't mind, lake, sea or pool so long as I've got some sun xx
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:21 pm
You'll have a fab time! Just relax and soak up the sun.
Bob Marley.

carole2662

Post by carole2662 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:39 pm
Well in my dreams I would be somewhere nice and hot but in reality we are going to Wales. We have bought our waterproofs and wellies as it sais in the advert and are looking forward to a few days doing nothing but what we want to do. We then head off to Devon to do some christmas shopping in Trego Mills and Clarks Village.Then home for a week to recover and just do some days out.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:42 pm
We're going nowhere this year, but to be honest, it's somewhere hot or nowhere for me!
Bob Marley.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:08 pm
Well in my dreams I would be somewhere nice and hot but in reality we are going to Wales
It was lovely hot here in Wales today Carole [8D] Where in Wales are you going?

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:06 pm
If the weather is good (and we've been lucky for the last couple of years) I really don't think you can beat some parts of Britain. We were discussing this with some friends last night and they've been all over, but they said they are happier with a holiday on the Gower Peninsula or in Cornwall.

We've found that the weather here is better in June than later in the so called summer!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:13 pm
I agree that if you get the weather you can't beat this country.

Unfortunately you can't rely on it. I would rather go somewhere exotic (and hot!) or stay at home.
Bob Marley.

carole2662

Post by carole2662 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:20 pm
Julie I am glad you have had a nice warm day in Wales and could you please hold on to the weather for the next 4 weeks until we have had our holiday. We are starting at the historic farm at Acton Scott and then taking in some of the sights on the North Coast. We are hoping to go up Snowdon on the train and then I want to go in to Anglesey. Portmeirion is on my list as I loved the 1960 Prisoner series and I want to march around shouting “I AM NOT A NUMBER” There is a quilt place lower down and as I am a quilter it is a must. In fact we will do as much as we can in the time we have while staying in Travelodge’s.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:22 pm
The Gower is gorgeous Skip [:)]

3 years ago we had a fabulous fortnight in September...at home. I remember it as it was hubby's 40th and we had a pool party in the garden [:)] Spent every day down local beaches......if only we could guarantee the weather, I'd stay home every year.
183 posts Page 5 of 13
Return to “money saving tips”