Strange Mint phone call

4 posts Page 1 of 1

mikepapa

Post by mikepapa » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:29 am
Had a very strange call off Mint Friday,, basicaly they were aware of my position regarding trying to propose an IVA but said that they were selling my debt to Triton ( never heard of them) & I could stop this happening if I paid £1 via debit card,, of course I didnt pay,, said I havnt got a debit card.
Dont think I would trust them only taking a £1, or am I being over cautious, there are that many scams out at the moment you dont know who is on the end of the phone. Anyone else heard of this ploy?
Kind Regards, MP

IVA accepted 1st October 2009

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:17 am
Triton are debt collectors I think and have been mentioned on here before.

They will sell the debt on anyway, regardless of whether or not you pay them any money, and I would be very wary of handing over debit card details and trusting them to just take out £1.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Julie

Post by Julie » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:38 pm
Mmm.....I think you're right to be cautious. I wouldn't trust them, besides they should know if yoy are proposing an IVA then you shouldn't favour any creditors by making payments, however small.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:28 am
I think Triton are actually part of the RBS group and is just a fancy name for collections. It could be that if you paid the £1 the debt would not have to be written off yet and could remain on the balance sheet as an asset. Just a guess though.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Harrassment by creditors ?”