Stressed!!

11 posts Page 1 of 1

neilw39

Post by neilw39 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:46 pm
Is it true that if my IVA is not accepted, some horrid brute of a baliff is going to come knocking on my door, to take what..a TV!.

I want to pay my debts for goodness sake, I could of gone straight to bankruptcy, and I haven't.

Give me a break, I have messed up, but I am offering to pay you back everything I owe you Mr Creditor, what is there to question?

You invest money in countries with starving children and steets of poverty stricken people, and you are questioning my ethics!

Rant over!

This is all making me feel ill !!

[xx(][xx(]

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:49 pm
Hey neilw39, welcome to the forum. Do you think that your IVA is not going to be accepted? I'm sure your IP would not put the proposal forward if they didn't think it was a good one. X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:51 pm
Hi Neil, and welcome from me also.

If your IVA should fail, you can always try a DMP, depending upon how much you owe.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

neilw39

Post by neilw39 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:52 pm
Thank you Viki, I am just worried, and it's making feel all unwell and nervous. CCCS have been ok, but they go through the budget thing so fast, I have to then review and make changes, and we start again. I know its free, but I will have to live with these finances for 5 years. Food and petrol has gone through the roof, you put what you have spent down, and you get "they won't except that", well then they won't get paid will they!!. It's really quite simple, blood...stone...

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:56 pm
Hey neil, you need to make sure that your I&E is correct and that you are not going to be setting yourself up for failure as you can't stick to unaffordable payments. CCCS, as far as I know, DO charge for an IVA, just like any other IVA company. Don't sign anything until you've had all your options explained and you know you can afford it. Try 2 or 3 firms too, Melanie Giles who posts on here is highly recommended. Good luck. X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

freelili

Post by freelili » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:56 pm
Hi Neil

If you go BR, the wont send the big baliffs in to take away your household items. Only if you have significant assets like cars worth over 3000 and antique furniture.

Dont let his make you ill, I know it does take over your life but we all make mistakes, youre trying to address your problem, many many more are continuing to live on credit and havent faced up yet.

good luck
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.

neilw39

Post by neilw39 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:23 pm
Thank you for the information, and info.about Melanie. I have my final appoitment with CCCS in the morning. I will mention my concerns, and see what they say. Neil xx

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:05 pm
Neil

When presenting an IVA, it is important that you are absolutely comfortable with the income and expenditure and truly believe that everything has been accounted for and that the suggested monthly contribution is affordable.

This is an area where much time should be spent by your nominated insolvency practitioner and not skimmed over. You have to live with the IVA for the next five years, and must be sure that you can afford the payments.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

neilw39

Post by neilw39 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:19 pm
Thanks Melanie. Am I aloud to give you a "broad brush" outline of my situation. Would you be able to give me any idea of what to expect, are you aloud?, I am so worried, I feel ill. neil.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:51 pm
Hi Neil

Feel free to post the details on here, or if you prefer send me an e-mail to the website. I will happily have a chat with you about your income and expenditure.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

neilw39

Post by neilw39 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:55 pm
Thanks email on its way to you. Neil.
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Cost of living in an IVA”