Stressful day!

19 posts Page 1 of 2

jane.l

Post by jane.l » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:24 am
There was a very strange man came around to my house today at 8.30am. He parked next to my car, at the bottom of the drive. He did not ring the doorbell but then he proceeded to look through windows and he went to the next few houses along from me, looking in their windows! Very odd behaviour! We live in a small cul-de-sac, its quite out of the way, and not many people would just “pass through” Well, this has shook me up no end so I have rang the court and have booked the date for my bankruptcy! Thursday 30 August at 9.30, so that’s exactly two weeks today! I am convinced that either one of my creditors or a tracing agent has found me, I have spent the morning in a state of anxiousness, I was shaking! I cannot live like this anymore, curtains closed, doors locked at all times!

I had to get up early and take my daughter for her A-level results, she did well and has been accepted at the place of her choice to do her Law degree, so at least that’s one good thing to come out of today!

Roll on 30 August!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oliver

Post by Oliver » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:27 am
Congratulations on your Daughters results that's brilliant news.

Rest assured that no one is allowed to enter your house without a court approved warrant.

Hopefully once the bankruptcy is in place this will give you the reassurance and confidence that someone else will now be dealing with your debt.

Best Regards
Oliver

Thomas Charles and Co Ltd.
Experts in personal debt solutions.
Read customer feedback at: www.thomascharles.com/about_us.asp
Best Regards
Oliver

Sadsack

Post by Sadsack » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:28 am
Glad things are moving forward for you and everything gets sorted sooner rather than later.

Question!!! Why did you not just ring the police??? Did you get his registration number? If I had someone peeping through my windows, I would charge out the back door with my golf club screaming like a banshee!!!! German Shepherd ahead of course!!!!!

Sue

Ho Hum! Think I'll bang my drum!

Read My Blog
http://sadsack.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Read My Blog

jane.l

Post by jane.l » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:35 am
The bit about “court-approved warrant” scares me as I have a CCJ that was awarded in June and said I had to pay “forthwith” I have heard nothing since, and this is the worry, if I do not answer the door, can a bailiff just break in????

Can I last another 2 weeks????????

I should have rung police but I was just so scared it was a bailiff, unfortunately I don’t have a dog, would love a Dobermann tho! hehehe

lily

Post by lily » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:58 am
Jane

I really feel for you right now and I will be relieved for you when you get that Br order. Although I can identify with being a little scared about strange vistiors at the door I do not have any ccj's so I know they wouldnt be able to do anything if they were to call. I saw a white van once come up my cul der sac, like you I live in a small close and theres nothing beyond us except a sprawing cemetary. I was convinced the white van was coming to clear my house, it was to deliever something to another resident. I was going to my car one morning and two men, dressed in black approached me, I thought I was going to die, they said "how do we get into the cemetary love, hey, dont worry we are not dead yet, just attending a funeral, phew.

Another thing comes to mind, I was sent out on Dom visits as part of my job and I was always walking round the street looking for the right house, so it could just be that you are, (and I understand) over sensitive.

Anyway good luck for the 30th, stay sane.

lily
lily

Sadsack

Post by Sadsack » Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:19 pm
I also live in a quet cul-de-sac and although I am in an IVA, I still get the heebie-jeebies when a car that I don't recognise slowly crawls by. Thankfully I have an extremely nosy retired bank manager across the way who keeps me up to date with the everything happening in the village!!!! Its a case of "Oi Bill, do they belong here?!!!!!"[:)]

Read My Blog

Read My Blog

katy

Post by katy » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:07 pm
I feel for you Jane I really do because I'm in the same position, I am now petrified that the baliffs will be banging on the door in the next couple of weeks. I live out in the sticks so it's even harder for people to just drop by, the fire brigade came round our area the other day to test peoples smoke alarms and they were sat in a red van outside our house for ages before they came to the door, I was scared witless particularly as there were two of them!
I should have enough money for us both for the beginning of September to file for bankruptcy, so here's hoping.
I hope it goes alright for you Jane, i'm guessing it will be a huge relief for you when it's all over.

jane.l

Post by jane.l » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:18 pm
God, someones been ringing the bell and banging on the door this afternoon,but we just sat here!

cant wait til its over!!

Sadsack

Post by Sadsack » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:38 pm
Jane

Hang in there - it will soon be over. Be brave! We are all here with you.

sue

Read My Blog

Read My Blog

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:56 pm
Good luck Jane, you haven't got much longer to go now x

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present - a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

pippa

Post by pippa » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:01 pm
Jane

I am so sorry you are going through this, I cant imagine how tough this has been on you. Is there nothing you can do to bring the BR forward? I was lucky I had mine the day after I called the court, I know its different in other areas regards appointment times. I do wish you well, and hope things improve soon.

Pippa

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:03 pm
It might be worth keep ringing the court as I know some will give an earlier appointment if they have a cancellation.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present - a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

jane.l

Post by jane.l » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:18 pm
thanx for all support! It is not the court that has the waiting list, it’s the CAB! I am going next Friday, we need to make sure the forms are filled in correctly, etc and they have a longer waiting list than the court!! Then its Bank Holiday after that so earliest date the court has is the Thursday after!

xxxx

pippa

Post by pippa » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:26 pm
Jane I too went to the CAB but never saw anyone as its a drop in centre and it was crowded at opening time. Is there no one you trust who could go over them to check the forms appear ok?
The counter staff at the court, who are lovely by the way will check through it while you are with them.
Also the insolvency website does give a lot of advice. I understand you want to make sure its submitted correctly but I hate to think you have to go through another couple of weeks with all of this hanging over your head.

Pippa

jane.l

Post by jane.l » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:32 pm
Its just that we are seeing someone at the CAB. He is not a volunteer, he is paid from the Financial Inclusion Fund from the Government to help people and see the extent of the debt problem in the country. He is going to make sure all the forms are correct. Its just that I have no printer at home, its on the blink and I cannot afford repair/new one at the moment! I started filling mine in and I have made a mistake and need some new ones printing off! That’s really why we are going to CAB. Also I find the forms a bit confusing, especially the first two pages! Doh!

I’ll just have to strong and hope the next two weeks pass uneventfully!
19 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “communicating with creditors prior to IVA”