Struggling on

13 posts Page 1 of 1

Theendisnear

Post by Theendisnear » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:07 pm
Hi all, I thought as that I would give my story of trying to cope in an IVA whilst things go wrong - especialy at this time of year.
Ive been in the IVA since 2007, the first 2 years were a disaster before my IP was changed due to a buy out and then I started to get better service and better support (Clear start to DFD). The issues first started that as I started my IVA I went from being with my partner to being a single parent - the original IP had calculated on ajoint income and wasnt interested in a single application just prior to the arrangement starting, for the first two years I struggled through, worked all hours there was and nearly had a breakdown. At this point I decided to return to uni to get better qualifications to lead to a better job. I informed DFD who not only supported me by reviewing a full file audit but also by retuding my payments through a new variation agreement. Stress over I managed through uni to fast forward to last year when in my final year a new variation to change the payment again with one credior giving rejecting it on the grounds of expenditure costs (moved home rent doubled as went from flat to house as forced to move as above a shop. In the end they put a condition on that within 6 months of graduating I had to have a full time job. At the time this was no issues as I'd been provisonally offered an excellent job with a fantastic pay scheme. All this happened 3 days before christmas so the stress was unbelieveable.

Fast forward to July this year, the job offer fell through due to a change fo company circumstances so I took a full time job with the salary lower than the salary I was on when I first started my IVA. As a result Ive not even been able to meet my payments. Ive been discussing the options with my IP and finally in the last week a new variation report has been revised to put to my creditors as a final settle report to distrbute the amount already paid in full and final settlement. Included is one PPI claim paided directly to then for £2650 and another claim pending for around the same amount. The meeting is after christmas so I spoke to my IP regarding whether one creditor had confirmed the amount they owed yet as they were claiming for £7000 when the documentation clearly stated that only £1200 was outstanding at the very most!!

Now like everyone in an IVA Ive kept all paperwork and letter regarding debts so I sent over the documentation that proves that since my iva and they were informed not only are they claiming more but also they have been adding interested.. to the point that after two years they even re-opended the debt to add charges!! My IP has passed this onto their claims team to look into this and Ive emailed through all the letters dated accordingly including a final settlement figure.

I guess the moral of my story is that by talking to your IP when things seem bad they can help and that DFD for me have been a great support system. Keeping my fingers crossed that now the variation meeting on 10th January gives me the decision I want in signing off the IVA and hoepfully the fact that the claim for more money will increase the divided made to them hopefully will give this a better case.. thats my christmas wish lol.
Good luck to all who read this and to keep battling through.
Knock me down and I will get up stronger!!!

lukeofyorkshire

Post by lukeofyorkshire » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:16 pm
Wowzer!! It sounds to me like your case is pretty solid from a common sense point of view.

I think and hope DFD are able to sort out the naughty creditor and get it approved. What a start to 2013 that will be for you!! Fingers crossed. [:D] Have a good Xmas.
1st payment Oct 2008, last payment Dec 2013. Certificate received March 2015 due to PPI claim.

Theendisnear

Post by Theendisnear » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:20 pm
Thanks Luke, like a lot of people throughout an IVA I've went through feeling like the tunnel was that long I didnt ever think I'd see the light never mind reach the end. I'm hoping that the creditor gets the telling off they deserve as its Welcome Finance and I believe they are not known for their best practice policies (in my opinion!).

[:D]

lukeofyorkshire

Post by lukeofyorkshire » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:29 pm
Welcome Finance says it all really lol.

That light is shining bright for you I hope and with under a year left for me I can see it and it feels guuuuurrrrddddddd!!!!!! [:D]
1st payment Oct 2008, last payment Dec 2013. Certificate received March 2015 due to PPI claim.

Theendisnear

Post by Theendisnear » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:27 pm
Well I'd thought I'd update everyone with the ending of this story..... Today at 10am the variation meeting was held and the news was fantastic..... The variation was accepted and it is now in the process of being closed!!!

With regard to DFD reviewing welcome finance's claim - there seems to be a refund coming back to the iva team to go into the pot to share amongst the other creditors (not completely sure as had stopped listening after the news about the iva being closed). So I know it can take a few months to get the certificate through and the offical closure but the end has been reached. A big thanks to DFD for all the support that I have recieved especially in the last few months when the going really got tough.

My advice to anyone when things are really tough is talk to your IP. Also thank you to the forum for being able to read through the different comments on the direct sections as thats help keep my head.

lukeofyorkshire

Post by lukeofyorkshire » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:37 pm
Excellent news!!! [:D]

Niobe

Post by Niobe » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:47 pm
Brilliant news - congratulations.

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:59 pm
that is great news. congratulations
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:00 pm
Great News !
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Struzzo39

Post by Struzzo39 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:53 pm
Fantastic news :)
Steven & Debbie

footiemad

Post by footiemad » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:44 pm
Brilliant - great start to the new year x

Mrsfaz

Post by Mrsfaz » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:37 pm
Thats great news!

Very reassuring for those of us that are using DFD, glad they have helped you though.
Last payment December 2019! OMG!

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:26 am
great news....good positive post about DFD ..a big firm that do not always get good press so it is nice when people share their experiences
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"
13 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “how are you coping?”