Struggling

36 posts Page 1 of 3

Kazzy E

Post by Kazzy E » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:48 pm
Hi Guys, I have never posted on Weight Watchers before so thought, as I am having such a hard time, I would give it a go. Since January, I had lost a total of 3st 2lb, but with recent events and just the sheer boredom of 'dieting' I have gained about half a stone of it. I have been to my slimming club tonight having gained 3 1/2lb and it isn't good enough. I am having a real struggle getting my head round the plan at the moment. I do Slimming World, and although I love the plan and it really suits me, my head needs to be in the right place to succeed with it, and unfortunately it's not there at the moment.

I need to dig myself out the rut that I'm in and give myself a real kick up the jacksy. I know I can do it and tonight, my consultant told the whole class that, she wasn't just saying it, but I am the nicest, kindest and most geniune person she has ever met in her life. How nice was that! And the whole class was nodding and gave me a huge round of applause! I am dieting for myself and no-one else. I don't like myself at all and have a real problem with my self image. I am great at supporting others but have real difficulty loving myself.

Can anyone relate to this? I wish I liked myself more, then I could do this for me and be happy with myself. I have sorted out my debt problem, my hubby loves me whatever size I am, but I don't like myself and I need to learn to so that I can succeed. I still have about 3st to lose and can only see it as an uphill struggle that will take forever.

I don't mean to sound so depressing because I am really an upbeat person but this part of my life, I can't seem to sort.

You'll know who I am at FF B'ham, I will be the one with the two heads [:D][:D] [:(]

Any advice would be welcomed please?

Thanks for always being there.

Kazzy x
Last edited by Kazzy E on Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is light at the end of that dark tunnel. Promise.

Visit my blog at: http://kazzy.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:57 pm
Hi Kazzy,

Well for starters you are not alone [:)]I struggle with my weight and need to lose 3 stone. I have tried slimming world, weightwatchers, rosemary conley and even had pills from the docs which didn't even shift a pound. It does get depressing and i look in the mirror and wonder who's the lardy lump in my mirror. Get out and put the slimmer, still curvy me back [:(!]

I now walk a lot and find even though the weight hasn't come off - my shape has changed especially my tree trunk legs.

I don't know if this has helped but I'm hear to listen x

Kazzy E

Post by Kazzy E » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:07 pm
Aw thanks Julie. I do know exercise is the key to success but that's another thing that bores me rigid! I would really love to start Salsa classes but I can't afford it. I have made a new pact with myself, and starting tomorrow, I am going to take my dog out every day for a longer walk. What I don't understand is, I am great at giving others advice, I have a successful career and on the surface I suppose I am looked on as a 'together' person, but inside I crumble about my weight and how I look. All I want is for people to like me, and as I work in a predominantly male environment, I feel that I probably disgust most of them (not that I want any of them to like me in any other way). I know in my heart that probably none of them think like that, but its because I dislike myself that I think others probably think it too.

I suppose to have lost 2 1/2 stone is quite an achievement in itself, but there is still a long way to go.

I have had to have an all day blood pressure monitor fitted today, and it has taken my BP every half hour. It was really unpleasant so I know I need to get more exercise and lose more weight. It's just putting it into practice that's the difficult bit.

Thanks for your support Julie, I really appreciate it.

Good luck in your weight loss quest.

Kazzy x

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:15 pm
Just remeber you have done well and have proved you can lose the weight! Maybe you're a bit like me - used to being in control of things. Yet can't seem to contol the weight. When all the experts tell you eat less and exercise more, it seems so easy - so why doesn't it work???

Do that extra bit of walking and drag the dog up some hills if you can - check the weather forecast first though. We've had a right drenching again today.

I'm going away next week and know I'll regret being a blubber when I'm lying by the pool, but its too late now. Will re-focus when I come back.

Good luck and believe in yourself. Your a successful lady so you can do it [;)]

Kazzy E

Post by Kazzy E » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:19 pm
Thanks again Julie - I know I can do it, I just need to get my head in the right place. I hope you have a really lovely holiday. Eat and drink what you want and think about getting back on track on your return if you can. (see there I go again, giving people advice! [:D]) You deserve your holiday and should enjoy it to the max.

I'll let you know how next week's weigh-in goes when you return.

Enjoy!

Kazzy x

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:23 pm
Hey Kazzy,

I think that's brilliant to lose over 3st. As you have said you're probably just stuck in a diet rut now and you're bored.

Salsa lessons would be ideal for you as it is fun. Our local gym did them but it was too expensive so my friend and I used to go to a bar in town that had it on every Thursday. It was free, obviously it attracted lots of people so the bar made loads of money from it and didn't need to charge.

I would have little look at your local or town bars/restaurants and see if they have it on or something similar, it can be a great cheap night out too. Salsa then a marguerita.....perfect! [:D] X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

facingittogether

Post by facingittogether » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:34 pm
dont put yourself down kazzy! you have done brilliant to have lost 3 stone!

i know what you mean about being self conscious, i am big and i feel exactly the same!

i am sure you will get your motivation back hun and lose the rest of your weight!

i love reading your posts on here and could not care what size you are cos to me you are a beautiful person through and through!

love barb x
12 down - 60 to go! woo hoo!

debtmountain

Post by debtmountain » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:22 pm
Aahh!!! Found you all [:D] Hadn't been on for a few days and have just noticed the Differences to the Forum [:D]

I think you are doing brilliantly Kazzy losing so much in the first place. Wish I could lose some, about 18 months ago, started to put on weight quite rapidly and have been diagnosed with an underactive thyroid. Although on correct medication, cannot lose the weight I have put on.[:(]

Losing 3st since January is Brilliant News and they do say that at first you lose it fairly easy and then things slow down a bit. And your Consultant was right, you are one of the nicest, kindest and most genuine people, I can tell that by you posts [:)]
IVA accepted 13/11/2008..17 payments down,55 to go..

Kazzy E

Post by Kazzy E » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:49 am
Aw thanks Guys, now I am in tears at 6.30 in the morning [:D] Not because I am sad, but your posts are so lovely and refreshing. None of you know me 'in the flesh' so to speak and to write such lovely words means the world. I suppose that just goes to prove that you don't need to have seen someone to get a picture of how they are.

I didn't have control in my life, which is why I got into debt and unfortunately, losing weight (or gaining it) is another one of my weaknesses, but hopefully I have got lots of strengths to balance it all out, I suppose I am just seeking a bit of motivation at the mo. As I say, I have mustered up the motivation to sort out my debts and am definitely sorted now where that is concerned. If I can combat my weight, I will be one very happy girl.

I am VERY bad a beating myself up when I fail, but I think I need to look at my weight journey with a similar stance to my debt problem. You can't be 'good' all of the time, but if you take one day at a time, it makes the journey much more bearable and achievable. I need to start listening to myself and taking my own advice, then I know the weight will fall off.

Barb, you are a beautiful person too and I don't care whether you are large, medium, small, short or tall. I still love ya, just the way you are.

Viki, I will have a look around to see if there are any bars that do Salsa. I hate aerobics or anything like that 'cos I feel an idiot with my blubby bits jumping around. Thanks for that, you've come up trumps again with your fantastic support, you are always there for me hun, and you are wonderful.

DM, Thank you for your lovely words, you are a smashing person too and always so full of support for others. It's hard with an underactive thyroid, as you have to work so much harder to lose weight and it is so tough on you. I know a lady who suffers the same and it is awful for her. I do hope you manage to chip away at your weight, I really feel for you 'cos I know how hard it is. If I can be of help and support to you, just give me a shout.

I feel so much better now guys, thank you so much for listening to me droning on. I've just packed my lunch up for work. A lovely pineapple cottage cheese salad with fat free french dressing, yoghurt, and a narna and apple. Ooooh I feel better already.

Have a great day everyone.

Kazzy x

aguise

Post by aguise » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:48 am
Hi Kazzy
I totallyy understand how you are feeling. I too struggle with my weight and in the last couple of years a thyroid prob has just added to it making it very hard to lose.
We had a little weight loss thread going on here and it really was helpful, maybe we could start it off again if anyone would like. We only posted how we were doing and encouraged each other.

I was doing really well and lost 2 stone and thenm i just went to pot again and as you say I just cant get my head back round it. I keep trying. Anyway as we are on holiday for a couple of weeks I have decided to start when we return back to work.
I was doing it by just cutting out the rubbish and walking every day and was steadily losing 1 and 2 pounds a week, some were doing slimming world, some just exercising. We all had great ideas and it was really helpful and we all had a moan if we ate the wrong things and there were lots of them too. It feels so hard when I see others that eat as much as they want and dont gain any weight and I only have to look at it and i gain a pound. A friend of mine stayed for 6 weeks once and said to me I dont understand your weight you eat half the amount I do. Its is just us Kazzy, dont let it get you down honey, you are a lovley person, dont let this drag you down. I want to lose more for health reasons than appearance, my joints and a lot of the aches and pains started to go away as I lost the weight and as they lessened my energy levels improved and that made me want to do more excercise. Dont ask me what went wrong but I just went off the rails. I am gabbling on arent I. So deep breath plod on and get back to it, if you want my email ask and it will be so and we can moan at each other if you like.lol

Ang xxx
Last edited by aguise on Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

look_divine

Post by look_divine » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:32 am
i know this seems strange but you want to lose weight and i want it adding, im drastically losing weight here and to say im not the largest of people is an understatement
38yrs old 5ft 7 and weight 9st 5 now for my size etc i should weigh 1 stone more
i want to gain weight :(

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:36 am
Kazzy, that's fantastic to have lost all that weight.

My weight has yo-yo'd for years. A couple of years ago I lost 5 stone doing the Cambridge Diet. I've put all that back on and some more. I am the original Michelin (wo)man!

When I am in the mood to diet, nothing will stop me, unfortunately, the reverse also happens. Once I stop dieting, I can eat for England.

I have a problem with how I look as well, I keep thinking everyone is looking at me. I wear a uniform for work, and have had to have the trousers specially made as not even the largest mens trousers will fit my girth - how embarrassing is that!

I know that I will do something about it again soon, but it's getting in that mind set.

It's one thing that will be bothering me at the FF in November - you will probably find me hiding in a corner.

Oh well, will have to go through my wardrobe to find something to fit me!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:44 am
I completely understand how you feel Kazzy. I need to lose weight and I really don't like myself at the moment - I feel fat but I don't seem to be able to motivate myself to do anything. I'm following Weight Watchers at the moment, although I'm not going, but I can't seem to really get into it. Before I went on holiday I was running 2 or 3 times a week, but that's gone out of the window as well.

You've done really well to lose all the weight you have done Kazzy - you should be proud of yourself.

Perhaps we should start the Weight Watchers thread going properly again and try and motivate each other?

Julie

Post by Julie » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:48 am
Morning all,

Do you think the debt and weight issue is related at all??

Quite honestly its not for me - my problem is I sit on my butt all day so have to make an extra effort to exercise. [:(]

Jan - you will not be in the corner at the FF meeting, we're all there together remember. What did they say in Dirty Dancing - "No -one puts Baby in the corner " [:D]

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:57 am
Thanks Julie.

My problem is motivating myself to excercise, I too sit down all day. The dogs have been walked when I get home, or before I go to work depending on what shift I am on, and because I am so overweight and unfit, I do find it difficult. We live in quite a hilly area, so by the time I've got to the top of the road, I have to stop and take a few breaths. It does put me off.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
36 posts Page 1 of 3
Return to “weight watchers club”