student loans in IVA ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

tobys

Post by tobys » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:52 am
1) Can i seetle with an IVA student loans acquired through SLC?

2) If i settle the overdraft with the bank (plus all other debt) which is up to the limit, can i obtain another bank account (Barclays) or though another bank with switch and pin capabilities.

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:36 am
Hi
Student loans can be included in an IVA but require a high dividend for acceptance.If they are a major creditor it is not unusual for them to stand outside the IVA with other creditors approval
You can obtain another bank account whilst in an IVA,for example the Co-operative banks Cashminder account gives you a visa electron card.
Regards
Andam Davies

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:22 am
Hi Tobys

Just wanted to welcome you to the Forum.

My student loans were included in my IVA and subsequently settled in my full and final offer which is now completed.

Having a new bank account with someone that you don't owe money to can be a really refreshing and psychologically positive new start in life [:)]

At what stage are you in the process at the moment? If you would like to share a few more details there are lots of people here who can offer some sound advice [:)]

Debbie
Debbie

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:24 am
If the Student Loans Company is bound by the terms of your IVA then you will be dischqarged from that debt if you offer a full and final settlement to creditors which is accepted by thr 75% majority.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”