stupidest question ever ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
25 posts Page 1 of 2

flumpy dog

Post by flumpy dog » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:41 pm
good afternoon all hope everyones good.
my first day of annual leave and guess who calls ?
yes mercers ta da !
anyway the poor girl at the other end is realising theyre flogging a dead horse
it was her questioning i found amusing.
'can you tell me why youre insolvent ?-is it because youre having financial problems ?
ER ???

aguise

Post by aguise » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:45 pm
Hi Fergie
The simplest way I look at it is you have more going money going out than coming in. This creates your financial problems as such. Unable to meet your obligations of to your debt.

Ang xx
Last edited by aguise on Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:53 pm
Hi FD. It is a good thing you are in an IVA already as these type of calls can frighten people although in fairness Mercers/Barclaycard are by no means the worst and normally one of the better creditors to deal with.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:58 pm
I never found that Michael, and I think a lot of posters on here would disagree with you. They have to be one of the most asked about creditors on here.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

aguise

Post by aguise » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:06 pm
Sorry fergie misread that post. Reading too quickly. As hubby would say to me spell red backwards.

Ang xxxx

flumpy dog

Post by flumpy dog » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:14 pm
thats ok ang x
ive learnt to deal with the calls and i know how frightening they can be. thank god i found mels team x
im only sounding confident now because thanx to mels brilliant team i got accepted-just the calls keep sounding like broken records [:D]

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:16 pm
They may be a bit of a torture at times but they have never been a problem in IVAs and now forward sell the debt to Max Recovery. FD should check her Chairman's Report as she might not even owe them any money anymore which is even more stupid than the question.

Many companies are rushing to obtain charging orders as soon as the debtor gets into trouble but in truth Barclays are not that aggressive and also support DMPs.

It would be interesting to see how other posters have found them other than too many phone calls i.e did they support their IVAs, did they issue proceedings against them and did they freeze interest for their DMPs.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

aguise

Post by aguise » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:18 pm
I bet they are. I must admit we were really lucky we heard no more after the deluge we got from the aa finacial services, and that was while waiting for the meeting after the meeting we had none.

Ang xx

ytsejam

Post by ytsejam » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:59 pm
Further to Michael's comment, Barclaycard were not too bad during my IVA - they were initially a bit useless, as the calls were routed via Bangalore, but once they recieved the paper work, they shut up, and have left me alone since.

I had the odd text message off them, along the lines of 'we have been trying to contact you urgently' blah, blah, blah, which was a lie as they hadn't called. So I ignored them.

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:27 pm
Mercers did say once they were coming to visit me via postcard! Frightened me to the point of posting on the forum, they never came and didn't give me too much hassle no more than any other creditor to be fair.
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

flumpy dog

Post by flumpy dog » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:42 pm
all it is, is when they call they play games saying things like-we noticed you havent made a payment to your barclaycard since september why is that-knowing full well.
and oh we never got any paperwork from your company regarding your iva-yeah right theyre just being silly

n958g

Post by n958g » Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:10 pm
For want of a better word, and this is no help to anyone really but i thought i'd say it anyway. Mercers are stupid beyond belief. They make GE Capital staff look like credit gods. I recall when they kept calling me, and i'd get the same person all the time. Thick.

george.c

Post by george.c » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:56 pm
Wow now I am really scared.

After reading this post, will all the creditors start to phone me now that I am applying for an IVA, I stopped my payments this week although there are none due until mid March. I have sent back my forms and information to VB. How long does it take for the letters to go out saying that I am applying for an IVA and for the phone calls to stop?

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:59 pm
I doubt you will get any calls until you miss the next payment, by which time you should be on your way to an IVA.

Once the proposal is sorted, they will write to your creditors.

As and when your creditors contact you, then just tell them what is happening, be polite and don't engage in conversation with them.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:02 pm
Don't be scared George, when your creditors phone either don't answer, or have a speech ready - something along the lines of 'I am in the process of applying for an IVA. My IP is ______ of ______ and their phone number is _________.'
25 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”