Suzie's gone

13 posts Page 1 of 1

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:39 pm
Daughter came home today, Suzie went to greet her, the front door was open and she was gone.

Lloyd ran after her, but he is back. Suzie was just running and running and could be anywhere now. Hubby and daughter have searched everywhere, and daughter has just gone out again. I've spoken to the place we had her from, as that is where all the stray dogs go and they have said that they will phone us if she is taken back.

We were going to take her to be chipped today, so she doesn't even have that.

I am totally gutted.[:(][:(][:(]
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:47 pm
Oh Jan, I'm so sorry.

Don't give up hope though - not long after my mum got her dog she let her off her lead over the fields near where she lives and Blaze ran off (she hadn't done this at first) and she was gone. Mum was walking and driving round looking for her, and 3 hours later she found her, none the worse for wear, just absolutely knackered.

I'm sure she'll turn up - they know when they are on to a good thing, so I'm sure she'll want to get home to you and hubby. Let us know what happens xxx

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:01 pm
Thanks Skip, but I'm not holding out any hope. I'm just so glad that Lloyd didn't carry on following her.

It's a nature reserve at the back of where I live, which is all overgrown, and she won't know the way back here.

She ran across one main road, so my thoughts are (and I do hope I am wrong), is that she will get run over, and there is no way we will know about that.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:06 pm
Oh Jan, I really don't know what to say. With any luck if hubby or daughter don't find her she'll be picked up by the police or dog warden and taken back to where you got her from.

If she's not back by Monday it might be worth phoning the vets in your area to see if anyone has brought her in, but I really hope not. Could you put up some posters of her where you live?

stressed_suzanne

Post by stressed_suzanne » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:13 pm
I'm sorry Jan :( I hope she turns up. You do read stories where dogs have made amazing journeys to find their owners :)
Suzanne

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:20 pm
We'll probably do some posters, our only hope is that she does get taken back to the kennels. The dog wardens round by me don't operate at the weekend, and the police no longer have any dealings with stray dogs. They have taken our details though, just in case someone does phone about her.

Skip, I'd like to think she would come back, but as we had had her slightly less than two days, I don't think that is likely.

I'm just so glad that Lloyd (who obviously thought it was a game), decided to stay put when the daughter spotted them. She shouted him and he immediately lay down and knew he had done wrong, but she just took off.
Bob Marley.

freelili

Post by freelili » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:26 pm
Oh no

I am so sorry, I hope you get her back safe and well. Those dogs can really travel too cant they? Lets hope she gets her scent and traces you first. I will be praying for you.

So sorry, She will tire and with the weather someone might just take her in and contact the RSPCA, I guess you have done that already?
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.

debtmountain

Post by debtmountain » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:26 pm
Oh Jan, I don't know what to say!! you must be frantic with worry. Wish I could come and help look for her.

Let's hope she comes back or someone finds her and takes her to your local police station, at least they have your number if they do find her.

xx
IVA accepted 13/11/2008..17 payments down,55 to go..

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:04 pm
All stray dogs by me get taken to the kennels we had her from. They have been told, so they will ring if she gets taken back in. The police don't deal with stray dogs anymore, but typical, the dog warden doesn't work weekends!

The daughter and her boyfriend have gone out looking again, but I think she is probably miles away by now.
Bob Marley.

angela18

Post by angela18 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:32 pm
ah Jan how awful.. when we first got Isaac he kept running away when we had him out, but he'd run straight home which was abonus. He used to run across roads as well.. poor thing.. hope shes ok
Ang.. 13 payments in.. WOW, thats over 20% paid!! http://angela18.blogs.iva.co.uk/ well here we go

if you wish for a rainbow... then you have to put up with the rain xx

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:44 pm
Oh Jan, I'm so very sorry. She may be able to find her way back, dogs can sniff any scent. I hope so. She may just want a little adventure and when she's hungry, head back to you. Good luck and I'm thinking of you. X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

debtmountain

Post by debtmountain » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:52 pm
Jan,

Just had a thought, probably not a good one but here goes. Do you have a local Radio station that takes requests? In the past I have heard requests for people to look out for a missing Cat or Dog. I know not many people listen to the Radio all the time but you never know. Or if you have a local Shop, put one of your posters up?

Just trying to think of ideas really.

xx
IVA accepted 13/11/2008..17 payments down,55 to go..

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:20 pm
She's back, so panic over. I started a new thread.

Thank you to everyone for your kind thoughts and suggestions.

Never want to go through this again!!!!!!!!!
Bob Marley.
13 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “pets corner”