take home pay

5 posts Page 1 of 1

cat 1

Post by cat 1 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:20 am
Morning.I have just asked for permission to keep my whole wages in order to accomodate a much increased elctricity bill.I am also anticipating a similar increase for gas.The company sent me a income/expenditure form which is very different to Clearstarts(my original company) and have said I have asked for a review.Anyway, I'm completing it.
I have realised that I started to earn approx £50 a month more just after my IVA started.I hav always send 50% of the additional off.I was asking if i could retain this so I suppose this does constitute a review.However, I have read through lots of posts on here and wondered if everyone sends off the 50% on actaul salary, not overtime etc.Some people will not get the same every month surely.I'm doing the review now but I'm mindful that in October NHS staff generally get a rise.Therefore, already I would again be at a 50 % loss? Does this make sense?
I'm dreading the review coming back.The IVA has gone well so far and I couldn't manage on much less.The amount I have is manageable.It's just like paying a large loan back with no overdraft or credit t fall back on and make things worse
Thanks Cat

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:54 am
Hi Cat
Normally the 50% rule applies to overtime and bonus.Any increase in pay is normally off set by an increase in expenditure[utility bills,food and travelling costs]
How much disposible income are you showing on your new income and expenditure and how much is your monthly IVA payment ?
Regards
Andam Davies

TheMatrix

Post by TheMatrix » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:12 am
How would that work when I got my payrise, going on that I am going to be due some back pay. The union and management are fighting it out at the moment?

Would I pay a one off payment of any bonus that may be awarded along with the back pay and give my IP 50% of this, what would I pay going forward? I'm not due for another review till next year.
We're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start. All that we're asking in return is your cooperation.

KLG2002

Post by KLG2002 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:39 am
Hi,
I too work for the NHS and have just recieved my backpay going back to April, I am only a band 4 and I got approx £150. Why don't you simply send your I/E back ASAP so your review will be based on your pay at the moment (if payrises are usually alowed to offset the rise in inflation.) Maybe Andy can clarify if backpay is classed as a windfall (I don't think it is a windfall nor a bonus....rather a grey area) If you want to get your electricity bill paid, use the backpay to pay this off and pay them 50% of whats left, keep the evidence of paying this bill just incase it comes to bite you on the bum at a later date. At the end of the day unison and the RCN both accepted the 3yr pay deal (UNITE had to accept it by default even though members voted no) which will be leaving you out of pocket anyway compared to the cost of living rises.

KLG

cat 1

Post by cat 1 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:28 am
Andy..I might be thick but do you mean disposable income after the iVA money or before[:I]
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “postings for august”