taking loans while IVA without practitioner permition

Meet the experts that answer your questions
3 posts Page 1 of 1

Remis

Post by Remis » Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:05 am
Hello, i took short loans less then 500 pound, so i suppose there should not be an issue, but couple times i took more 700 and 800 pounds due to health emergency problems. Will my IVA be terminated, or there is some chance not?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:02 am
It will depend on whether these loans are discovered by your IP at review and, then, will depend on the circumstances and the attitude of your IP.
More importantly is why you needed to take these loans on. As you are, it seems, taking regular loans, there could be an issue that should be sorted out here. Usually emergencies are dealt with by a sanctioned loan or a payment break from regular IVA payments to cover the emergency (these breaks get added back on at the end of the IVA).
Try not to get into a vicious circle of borrowing at high interest rates as you could find yourself worse off in the long run.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Remis

Post by Remis » Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:09 am
I know i fail to follow simple steps, Im just mentally egzosted and stressed, im always spend more then i can :(, hopefully it wont be terminated as i did 4 years already... Thanks for comment
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Meet the experts”