The cards are soon to be on the table!!

26 posts Page 2 of 2

Cybus

Post by Cybus » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:54 pm
I wonder how you have gone on in this matter ?

Tell it like it is.
Tell it like it is.

OliverDowning

Post by OliverDowning » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:11 am
As above, please let us know the outcome. It could be beneficial for others in your situation in the future.

No Fee IVA and Debt Management Advice. Do NOT pay upfront fees. Free Face to Face appointments, Just the facts 0870 0948040, www.insolvencynetwork.co.uk
No Fee IVA and Debt Management Advice.

visit my website
http://www.nationaldebtadviceline.co.uk

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:11 pm
Hi folks ... I will keep you informed, it's very much a slow, step-by-step process.

At the moment we have completed on the remortage and have to pay the charge in order to progress which should be done, hopefully, this coming week.

I have contacted my solicitor about the ongoing lease liability, on Melanie's advice, and he was most incensed at me (in an affectionate way!) that I hadn't attended the court hearing to defend myself! And inspired me with confidence to attend Kingston-upon-Thames court on 26th Sept in person when the next hearing re the charge takes place to put my side of the story ... he is convinced that having been in an IVA the charge should not have been placed and suspects that the judge didn't know this when he ruled on the charge ... so I must attend to tell him him this and of the situation that I have really been TRYING to sort things out. My solicitor seems to think that if I tell the story as it is then there may me a modification or the charge even overruled ... having paid the charge the creditor will then have to pay ME back!! You just never know!

My solicitor is also of the opinion that, when things have been resolved, that I should also write to McCambridge Duffy for some explanation of why they dismissed the 'problem' when it first arose causing me to have to seek alternatice solutions as, like Cybus said,there was a possibility that the original IVA should have been modified to embrace the post IVA creditor. So thank you for the reference to the Insolvency Act Cybus [:)]

My main problem at the moment seems to be getting McCambridge Duffy to let me go so that I can officially appoint a new IP who will not proceed until I have some notification from McCambridge Duffy that will enable me to terminate my agreement with them. I have now, on McCD's advice, missed four IVA payments with them!

I am copying the letter I have sent to McCD below ... which essentially says it as it is.

I will keep you informed [:)]

Debbie

I trust that you will recall from my recent telephone conversations with you the unfortunate situation of a post IVA debt and ongoing financial liability arising.

You may remember that I contacted your office with immediate effect when this situation arose at the beginning of June last. Despite your best attempts at seeking a solution for me I was advised by yourselves that the only course of action looked to be to petition for my own bankruptcy. I was also advised by yourselves that I was unable to do this whilst still in what was a successful IVA. You advised me to cease payments meaning that after a period of three missed payments I would be in default of my IVA, that you would then seek to bring bankruptcy proceedings against me, essentially saving me the cost of the bankruptcy court fees.

Having now missed the necessary three payments, I am writing today to kindly request that you might agree to a termination of my agreement with yourselves so that this may leave me in a position to seek my own solutions to the situation. The likeliest solution remains bankruptcy however, having had time to think carefully about my options, I would prefer to be in a position where I can petition for this myself rather than to be forced into a corner so to speak. This will also help to bring about a speedy solution to my situation which has now been ongoing for too long a period of time.

I would therefore be very grateful if you could offer me a letter of termination that I may present to the relevant professionals so that I may commence with my own proceedings as soon as possible.

May I take this opportunity to thank you very much for all the help that you have given me in the past.
Debbie

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:20 pm
Hi Debbie
Can you make it to Bristol on the 8th?,it would be so interesting to talk with you.
Regards

Andy Davie
IVA.co.uk Spokesperson

About me:
http://www.iva.co.uk/andy_davie_profile.asp

IVA Helpline: 0800 197 4838
http://www.iva.co.uk/iva_helpline.asp
Andam Davies

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:29 am
Hi Andy

I will most certainly try ... that is unless my bankruptcy hearing happens to fall on that the same day!!!

The whole thing has certainly been a learnign curve for me!

Debbie

www.babynamings.co.uk

www.soulgrowth.co.uk
Debbie

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:42 am
Debbie, you must be fairly near to me - I went BR at Kingston. When you go on 26th September you will be fine - the staff at Kingston are lovely. Don't let the security guard put you off - don't know which charm school they go to but it ain't working.

Good luck, and please let us know how you get on x

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present - a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:49 am
Debbie

If you are going to now petition for bankruptcy, you need now wait until the IVA has concluded. A bankruptcy petition can be presented at any time - so if this is the route you ahve decided I would crack on with irregardless of the tardiness of your IP to finalise matters.

Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner for over 20 years.

To have me propose an IVA for you, please visit:
http://www.melaniegiles.com/ivaEnquiry.asp

See customer feedback at:
http://www.iva.com/iva_companies/IVA_Advice_Bureau.asp
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:04 pm
Hi folks

... sorry, I have confused you all ... my appearance at Kingston on 26th is for the court hearing on what the judge decides to do with the charge on my property ... which should have been paid off by then anyway (so that I can proceed with the mortgage).

My solicitor said that I should go and defend myself and see, in the best instance, that the charge can be overruled.

Haven't quite got to bankruptcy yet ... but it's still a big possible solution!

The court hearing is at 11.30am ... are you anywhere near for a coffee Skippy?!!!

www.babynamings.co.uk

www.soulgrowth.co.uk
Debbie

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:09 pm
We are waiting for the old IP to relinquish me so that the new IP can offer a F&F on the basis of the funds from the re-mortgage. there are now enough funds to offer the original IVA figure of 36p as a full and final. The question is whether the F&F will also dissolve the lease liability? That's the unknown entity at the moment.

I have had to engage a new IP because McCD didn't want to know about seeking a solution.

Debbie

www.babynamings.co.uk

www.soulgrowth.co.uk
Debbie

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:26 pm
Sadly I'll be at work Debbie otherwise I'd definitely be up for a coffee!

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is the present - a gift to make the most of.

View my blog at http://skippy13.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Soulgrowth

Post by Soulgrowth » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:41 pm
I have posted this in a another section of the forum but thought I would post it here as well for those of you who may be interested in developments. I could by now write a book on how to get out of an IVA so as to be able sort your debts out!! It aint easy folks! [;)]

Hoping to make it to Bristol Andy ... hope there's plenty of Jack Daniels ... I flippin need it!

Debbie

I am now sitting here with a firm mortgage offer that will give me the funds to offer a F&F embracing my post IVA creditor. This solution has only come about after my IP said there was nothing THEY could do and yet another IP HAS managed to do for me.

My IP advised bankruptcy and to stop making my IVA payments. I did that and wrote very nicely asking them to terminate my agreement with them so i could instruct a new IP (although I didn't say that to my existing one.

They called me today and in response to my letter THEY have issued ME with a certificate of non-compliance which as far as I can see doesn't really do anything to allow me to progress with my F&F ... I know this is probably the way things are done as a process but I can't help thinking that IT IS A BIT RICH when it was they that dismissed the problem in the first place.

Despite what you say Melanie ... McCambridge Duffy are not going to let me go to sort out what they didn't easily!

"Ms Angry of Gosport"

www.babynamings.co.uk

www.soulgrowth.co.uk
Debbie
26 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “the hot hot IVA topics in 2007, 20 replies plus”