The Great Escape!

37 posts Page 2 of 3

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:45 pm
Is it a love/hate relationship Skip [:D]

I know Teide loves Alun but tolerates me. Latchford on the other hand is my boy.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:48 pm
He could earn his keep!

He likes playing with my hair as well, but sometimes misjudges it and gets my scalp instead - Harry Puss, ace torturer!

This makes him sound horrible doesn't it?!? He's not though, he can be so affectionate. When I was off sick he slept on the bed with me and didn't chase my feet or bite me - I think he knew I was ill. If I get up in the night he follows me to the loo and is so affectionate, rolling over to have his tummy tickled (which can be dangerous!) and rubbing around my legs and purring. He's lovely really.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:50 pm
I think he loves me really Julie, although he is a bit nervous sometimes around Dave. It's surprising really as Dave is the quiet one!

I think he's a typical cat - everything on his terms!

freelili

Post by freelili » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:50 pm
I know, he is a star, he isnt a boring cat thats for sure. You love him.
LILY

http://freelili.blogs.iva.co.uk

I asked God for an answer, I have to live with his reply.
Exsisto an angelus quod planto quispiam sentio melior.

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:53 pm
Funny things eh? They do know when you're ill and they love routine.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:53 pm
He's my baby and I wouldn't be without him!

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:49 pm
I wonder what it is about the pond weed he likes?
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:51 pm
Yeah, I wonder if it's like catnip?![:p] X
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:03 am
Catnip doesn't bother him - only pond plants are good enough, preferably water hyacinths!

Dave rung me just after I got into work this morning to let me know that the first lot of weed of the day had been dumped on the mat!

Viki.W

Post by Viki.W » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:05 am
Oh no! Are you taking it back over to the neighbours?
If you would like to talk to me about your debt problems, please visit:
http://www.vincentbond.com/about_us_Viki_Warbrooke.asp

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:07 am
We're putting it in a bucket and taking the entire day's catch back in one go later on!

debtmountain

Post by debtmountain » Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:27 am
Oh dear Skip, your Harry sounds like a right Raskal [:D] I wonder why he's so obsessed with Pond Weed? Does it smell fishy perhaps?. Sorry, don't know much about Ponds other than fish swim around in them as you can probably tell[:D]
Last edited by debtmountain on Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IVA accepted 13/11/2008..17 payments down,55 to go..

pixie

Post by pixie » Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:48 pm
Harry's a top cat! a true character!! Do you think you could convince him to come to Walsall?? Would love to meet him [:D] I'll bring the weed.....
Monte has a habit of sleeping on my pillow, he creeps on and slowly pushes me off! he likes to get me up by massaging my neck. He hasn't worked out that he gives very good massage yet!! He keeps his claws in and it's really nice [:D]
Pixie
'Welcome to where ever you are, this is your life you've made it this far, welcome, you've got to believe right here right now is exactly where you're meant to be'
IVA started may 07 ended dec 08

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:06 pm
He's definitely a character! Not long after we got him he was using his scratching post (good boy!) and all of a sudden he did a roly poly and started scratching it with his back paws - he looked quite strange!

He also tried to climb our neighbour's 6' fence, but his idea of climbing it was to take a running jump and throw himself at it, hitting it about 2 feet from the top - I was surprised it was still standing as he's not small!

We've got a conifer at the bottom of the garden which is as tall as the house and Dave looked out of the window one day and Harry was at the very top clinging on for dear life - Dave thought he was going to have to get up there to get him down! He's never done it again, so I think he scared himself!

I'm sure he'd love to come to Walsall (he's pretty good in the car) but the hotel might not want him staying, especially if they've got a pond!

When we got home tonight he was nowhere to be seen so I went to look out the front and he was sitting on the window ledge staring - there were 2 cats coming up the path and Harry wasn't happy! I was standing between Harry and the other 2 and Dave called him and he went rushing in with a tail the size of a fox's brush! He didn't seem too worried that I'd got in the way of a fight!

Monte sounds lovely Pixie - I wish Harry would understand that there's no need to have his claws out all the time! I got up last night and stopped to stroke him - did he need to wrap his front paws around my ankle and bite it?!?!
Last edited by Skippy on Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:43 pm
Pets - don't ya just love 'em!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
37 posts Page 2 of 3
Return to “pets corner”