The Insolvency Register

3 posts Page 1 of 1

OPTIMIST12

Post by OPTIMIST12 » Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:21 pm
I just checked my entry on the Insolvency Register again (I like to check that my IVA is still shown as "Current"!!!). I then had a look at some of the other cases in my area (very sad I know) and was intrigued to see that whilst - like me - most people have their address published in full with all their other details, some cases are noted as "This address has been withheld". Does anyone know what criteria are used for an address to be withheld or can anyone request this (I am sure that the answer is no!!!).

I also had not realised that in BR cases where a BRO is ordered then the full details / reasons for the BRO are also published on the Website. This whole insolvency process is a continual learning curve.
47 months completed - 13 months to go.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:53 pm
Addresses can be witheld under special circumstances, but usually only with a Court Order. It is also possible that addresses are shown as witheld if cases are old and the address details held are not current or unknown.

Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner for over 20 years.

To have me propose an IVA for you, please visit:
http://www.melaniegiles.com/ivaEnquiry.asp

See customer feedback at:
http://www.iva.com/iva_companies/IVA_Advice_Bureau.asp
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

OPTIMIST12

Post by OPTIMIST12 » Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:37 pm
Thank You - I thought it might be along those lines.

Further to my initial post - I have recently been doing some reading up on Bankruptcy just in case -Heaven Forbid!!!! - my IVA were ever to fail. (I am determined that it wont needless to say!!).

I understand about automatic discharge and IPAs but was curious about what leads to a BRO / BRU. For anyone concerned about these - I would recommend the Bankruptcy Restriction Bulletin located on the Insolvency Service Website. This gives actual case details and also the length of the restriction enforced. It may put many peoples minds at rest when you see under what sort of circumstances these restrictions are actually handed down.
Last edited by OPTIMIST12 on Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
47 months completed - 13 months to go.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Abuse of the Insolvency Register”