The patter of tiny....

58 posts Page 3 of 4

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:21 pm
You'll probably all hate me, but we've decided against getting Eddie. As much as we would like to have him, I think he would be better going to someone who is home most of the time and give him the love and cuddles he's missed out on. I need to be able to get pet insurance as I don't want to get back in debt because the cat needed treatment I couldn't really afford.

I feel really bad saying no to him, but I had reservations from the start - we saw him a couple of weeks ago and said no then because of his special diet and his eye problems.

Why do I hate myself so much?!?!

aguise

Post by aguise » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:00 pm
Dont feel bad skippy you made the decision not to have him for good sensible reasons.
Is it tomorrow that you see Harry.

Ang
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:19 pm
Thanks Ang. We're going to see Harry tomorrow evening - fingers crossed we all like each other!

aguise

Post by aguise » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:22 pm
I'm sure you will. Ang x
Please visit my blog at http://aguise.blogs.iva.co.uk/

chris.g

Post by chris.g » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:41 pm
Yeah Skippy, you have very valid reasons and it's good you've realised before taking him in.
Here's to tomorrow and fingers crossed all goes well. My mam used to say that people don't pick cats as pets, the cat picks the people and I think that can be very true.....
xx
It's nice to be back......

debbiw

Post by debbiw » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:31 pm
Good luck Skippy on meeting Harry tomorrow, let us know x

lily

Post by lily » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:30 pm
Oh Skip dont beat yourself up so much. You are right about the diet and being at home all day. I didnt choose my cats as you know, I loved them all, I fed them from birth but I knew I couldnt keep the whole litter and just had to let two go. It was hard but I simply couldnt afford to pay the bills and insurance. I made the right choice for me and for them.

In life we have to make choices.

Good luck there is a cat out there with your name on it.
lily

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:08 pm
Thanks Lily - your cats are lucky to have you as their mum. I know I've made the right decision for Eddie - he'll be a lovely cat with the right owner. I'm just a big soft and would rehome them all if I could!
Last edited by Skippy on Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:38 pm
Harry was so cute! Needless to say I fell for him straight away and we're picking him up on Sunday! When we got there he came straight over to us and sat by my feet while I stroked him. He's only a smal cat, and he's black and white with a little black beard - I love him already! I can't wait to bring him home!

connie

Post by connie » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:53 pm
aw bless, i'm sure he'll love his new home. i bet he just knew you'd spoil him rotten.
i've got 2 and i couldn't be without them.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:54 pm
Photographs soon please - and who is going to cat sit when you two are in Birmingham?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

lily

Post by lily » Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:58 pm
Happy birthday skip, good luck with Harry, dont know why I thought he would be ginger, I knew a cat called Harry once and he was ginger. Can I have a photo email please???

I still cant believe I am actually going to meet you soon. I am getting a bit nervous.
Last edited by lily on Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lily

angela18

Post by angela18 » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:18 am
OOh Skippy I hope he gives you everything you want and more!! Animals are so non-judgemental and just a brush against the legs or a wag of the tail is so enjoyable when you're feeling low.

We have to try and get our old staffie an appointment at vets today.. really don't think she's got much left in her. Walks terrible, full of little lumps and itchy skin. She's 11 and they say on websites only live until 12.. Sometimes I feel guilty just keeping her going for my own selfishness[V]
Ang.. 13 payments in.. WOW, thats over 20% paid!! http://angela18.blogs.iva.co.uk/ well here we go

if you wish for a rainbow... then you have to put up with the rain xx

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:17 am
Oh Angela, hope you get your dogs into the vets today. I love my dogs, I've got two can't imagine life without them, they can be a bind but we always manage to find care for them as I don't like them being in kennels. I know how you feel when you say just keeping her going for my own selfishness, but always remember this.

Better a week too early, than a day too late.

Someone said that to me when I had to make a decision re my old lhasa and it's stuck with me x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Skippy

Post by Skippy » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:57 am
My mum will be feeding Harry when we're in Birmingham. We'll only be gone 24 hours so he'll be ok. He's being left on his own at his foster home this weekend as his foster mum and dad are moving on Saturday - rather than move him for one night they decided to leave him there as they are going back to finish clearing up on Sunday when we can collect him.
58 posts Page 3 of 4
Return to “pets corner”