The time has come!

4 posts Page 1 of 1

Credit-King

Post by Credit-King » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:41 pm
Hi everyone.

I thought I’d say hello!

It has finally happened and I have contacted a company to propose an IVA for me. It’s all I can think about at the moment, morning noon & night. Up until now I have never missed a payment and have still stupidly met my payments somehow this month, even though I have decided on the IVA. At least this will keep my creditors of my back for a month or so until the first late payment letters go out.

I set up a CO-OP Cashminder account to change my few essential direct debits, rent etc and will stop all debt payments from February onwards. It feels strange, like I am being reckless or a fraud but my IP has agreed my current situation is not sustainable & I may as well enter an IVA as soon as possible rather than waiting for things to go down the pan. I now have the dreaded wait for it to be approved.

This website is great and it is comforting to know I am not alone out there.
Last edited by Credit-King on Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:45 pm
Hello Credit King, and welcome. Who have you chosen to go with ?

It will be nerve wracking at first and your emotions will be all over the place -- but then the adventure of living to a budget takes hold and bargain hunting becomes second nature :-)

Best of luck :-)
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014

Credit-King

Post by Credit-King » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:50 pm
Thanks Foggy, I have gone with Vincent Bond so it will be good to see how things go as they get good reviews.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:34 am
Well done for getting things sorted early on in the New Year. Have Vincent Bond advised you which IP firm they will be referring you to?
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “thinking of making your first post ?”